Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Hill People Gear Kit Bags?

Thoughts on the Hill People Gear Kit Bags?

I am pondering one of these. Appreciate any experience or thoughts.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...2/Default.aspx

Use will be primarily wandering around in the woods, including Alaska this summer. I'm looking for something that allows me to carry a full-size handgun (not open carry) and a chest rig looks like it would work well in conjunction with a small day pack.

Looking for feedback on this or similar products.

Thanks.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They've come up in a number of threads. Here's one from a few years ago:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?535
    Thanks Tom.

Ken

I have several. For what they are for, they are excellent. I usually carry a snub 45 Colt Vaquero in mine, or a small revolver in the little bag.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Love mine. You do have to watch your draw. One of my favorite pieces of gear, though.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I have several friends that really like them. They're using them in the woods primarily.

I have a Recon which is the Runner's size with the molle loops. I wear it hunting and running. The extra storage is just barely adequate for wallet, phone, spare mag and keys. BARELY. Thinking of getting the standard model too. But I would not be without one anymore.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I have a Recon which is the Runner's size with the molle loops. I wear it hunting and running. The extra storage is just barely adequate for wallet, phone, spare mag and keys. BARELY. Thinking of getting the standard model too. But I would not be without one anymore.
    I have the Runners model and it's perfect for running, hiking, mountain biking and hunting. JHC is right about the storage space, so if you need to take more than he described then you better get the full size one.

I use a Hill People Kit bag when out riding my ATV in the woods and carry a S&W 2.5" M-19 .357 in the pistol Compartment and 2 or 3 speed loaders in the middle compartment. On some Ambulance runs ( I'm a volunteer Paramedic on a rural Ambulance) I wear it with a Walther PPQ & Two extra Magazines. I also have a minimal first aid kit & CAT tourniquet in the front pocket. Its a product that I'm totally satisfied with.

I have the standard kit bag and it's a great piece of gear, perfect for just about any woods excursion. Great way to carry a gun and other gear in a very handy location, especially if you're wearing a pack with a belt. The Kit bag is great for fishing too (when wearing waders) as it offers a high and dry place to keep a gun, with enough overflow storage for a couple fly boxes and other misc. gear.

I also have HPG's Tarahumara backpack and find that and the kit bag together are a perfect combination for day outings. I haven't done so yet but I've been thinking about picking up the smaller snubby kit bag too, so I'd have a lower footprint/profile option for mountain biking, etc.

Anyway, the Hill brothers seem like good guys and their stuff is certainly durable and high quality.

Good kit, I have three of them. A Raven Vanguard 1, or Fricke equivalent, is a good addition inside the kit bag if you carry a Glock style pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List