Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: APD - Personally Owned Weapons

This DOJ is a nightmare. But hopefully, can be fixed.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I can't speak to specific APD shootings, wasn't there, didn't do the investigations

But I'm F-ing proud to have had a small part in cultivating an aggressive warrior mentality at my old place. It's all about controlled aggression, dialed up or down as needed. Who would have guessed that's a bad thing.

Equating personally owned duty weapons as inviting excessive force is just stupid.

Sad to say, but the world has moved on.

Ken

I worked at an agency where I promoted a warrior mindset. I was promoted, twice, and gave almost 14 years to that place. We were successful in OIS encounters with no judgements against officers.

Our "chief" invited the DOJ to investigate. When they (yes the cop hunting DOJ) found no wrong doings he hired a private group to investigate. Shockingly they found the problems he claimed where there. After getting paid that outfit (comprised of a former DOJ atty and a ACLU atty) folded up shop.

It's not only going on with APD this trend has been happening for a while.

The DOJ is the problem, with the IACP being close behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    If you've seen breaking bad, yes, it really can be like that... To illustrate my point, and I hate to bring up a sore topic around here, but lets remember that Robin (Tom Jones's wife) was severely injured by a guy who ambushed officers with an AK, stole their squad car, and led multiple agencies on a active shooter chase all around the north end of the city.
    Are you saying that the guy that shot Robin was associated with producing meth or some other sort of drug?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are you saying that the guy that shot Robin was associated with producing meth or some other sort of drug?
    No, only that it gets crazy around here in our own unique way. We aren't living in the quaint little town everybody seems to think we are.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

What, exactly, is a "high powered personal weapon"? Are APD officers running around with .44 mags and .50 Deagles? If so, I question their training a little, but still think it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    No, only that it gets crazy around here in our own unique way. We aren't living in the quaint little town everybody seems to think we are.
    Funny that you say that: I was just listening to an interview with an MMA fighter who trains at Jacksons. He commented how crazy it was that you could probably score meth in the parking lot, or go inside and spar with the likes of Jon Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Funny that you say that: I was just listening to an interview with an MMA fighter who trains at Jacksons. He commented how crazy it was that you could probably score meth in the parking lot, or go inside and spar with the likes of Jon Jones.
    Tim Kennedy?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tim Kennedy?
    Yeah, on Joe Rogan's podcast. Literally heard that part of it on the way to work today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I think they are referring to 1911s in .45.
    Which I think is a colossal error in judgement on behalf of the officers, but to each their own.

I ran an in-service a few weeks ago and all of the 1911 shooters failed...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List