Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standard Pressure 124 gr Gold Dot vs Federal 124 Tactical Bonded

Standard Pressure 124 gr Gold Dot vs Federal 124 Tactical Bonded

Doc can you show me how the 2 loads compare ?

So far I found federal 124B for 37.00 a box.

Both 124gr HST and Gold Dot 124 are cheaper.

I would very much like to see the testing Doc has done on that P9HST1 load. It's available everywhere. I even found it at Walmart!

Just curious though...is there a reason you want a standard pressure load? The GD 124 +P is readily available and quite a bit cheaper than the Tactical Bonded.

Oh and BTW here's a link to some of the tactical bonded a lot cheaper http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Feder...olicetrade.htm It's in a different box but they say it's the same load. The one in the regular boxes is available on that same site for $32 a box as well...

Between those three 124 gr standard pressure loads noted above (GD, Tac Bonded, HST), go with whatever is least expensive, readily available, as well as most reliable and offers best accuracy from your pistol, as all three loads are perfectly adequate, as previous posts have discussed.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Between those three 124 gr standard pressure loads noted above (GD, Tac Bonded, HST), go with whatever is least expensive, readily available, as well as most reliable and offers best accuracy from your pistol, as all three loads are perfectly adequate, as previous posts have discussed.
    Please understand Doc that I am not criticizing or questioning your methods, merely trying to understand for my own information but, if those loads are all perfectly adequate, why not add the GD and HST to your acceptable loads list?

And thank you for all the information.

Because for those specific loads, the +P versions are a bit better.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

DocGKR,
    I asked this in another thread, but looking at all the offerings that federal offers in 124gr and 147 is there a difference in all of the different SKU's they offer? Some say tactical, others say HST. The gentleman above asked about one that the sku is P9HST1, but this doesn't show up on your list of favorable or approved loads you recommend. So how is this different for the sku that ends in a 2?

P9HST1
    LE9T1
    P9HS1G1
    P9HST1S
    This is confusing to me because you have mentioned you like the hst, but federal appears to offer a few in both 147 and 124gr

Thanks in advance, and I am sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
    John

Federal offers four HST loads in 9mm .
    P9HST1 is 124gr.
    P9HST2 is 147gr.
    P9HST3 is 124gr. +P.
    P9HST4 is 147gr. +P
    The others you listed are not HST rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Federal offers four HST loads in 9mm .
    P9HST1 is 124gr.
    P9HST2 is 147gr.
    P9HST3 is 124gr. +P.
    P9HST4 is 147gr. +P
    The others you listed are not HST rounds.
    So the question is are any of the federal 124, 147gr choices that federal makes good to go? I almost bought a bunch simply labeled HST, but didn't want to buy sub par ammo.

This guy local to me is selling 10 boxes of P9HST3 and is willing to take $200 for all 10 50 count boxes...seems like a good deal, but please weigh in if I should not buy these?

Quote Originally Posted by jtohio View Post
    so the question is are any of the federal 124, 147gr choices that federal makes good to go? I almost bought a bunch simply labeled hst, but didn't want to buy sub par ammo.

This guy local to me is selling 10 boxes of p9hst3 and is willing to take $200 for all 10 50 count boxes...seems like a good deal, but please weigh in if i should not buy these?
    Buy it now!

User Tag List