Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crye LVS IIIa Armor...

Crye LVS IIIa Armor...

Anyone have any feedback?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

From the guys I know who use it (not for LE) they like it as its form fitting and comfortable.

But at that price it had better be.

If you have not read these post yet...

http://www.breachbangclear.com/the-crye-lvs/

http://www.breachbangclear.com/low-v...mean-crye-lvs/
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Well, I just dropped the dough for the "patrol" cut base vest. We'll see how this works. I've been using the Velocity Systems Chameleon shirt, which obviously has a lot less coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, I just dropped the dough for the "patrol" cut base vest. We'll see how this works. I've been using the Velocity Systems Chameleon shirt, which obviously has a lot less coverage.
    Post up with your impressions. I am always looking for an upgrade
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Hadn't heard anything from Crye, so I gave them a call today.

Apparently this stuff is vaporware. None in stock, no production runs scheduled.

Why even put it on the website?

ETA: Yet they put a hold on my account for the money...
    Last edited by TGS; 08-03-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Hadn't heard anything from Crye, so I gave them a call today.

Apparently this stuff is vaporware. None in stock, no production runs scheduled.

Why even put it on the website?

ETA: Yet they put a hold on my account for the money...
    Crye is actually known for putting stuff out there and unless there is a run scheduled they won't make them.

I bet if you bug them enough they will make one for you or refund your money...
    VDMSR.com

So, I received the LVS today. Apparently you need to put in your order and just let it simmer. As of last week they said no production run had been scheduled for this vest, yet the manufacture date is July 2017.....meaning the vest was made before I even started this thread.

Odd.

Regardless, my initial impressions are good. The vest is easy to adjust and I can wear it underneath my usual clothing and have very little tell that I'm wearing armor. The only bit is at the top, where the vest doesn't follow the contour of my chest as tight as it could. There's a little gap, but it's still a very serviceable vest for low-pro work. The side straps are not overly constrictive and allow you to get it pretty tight but still allow the vest to expand easily with your breathing, as opposed to some elastic straps (Velocity) which are super taught and hard to breath against if you have the vest snug.

One thing to note is that the manual specifically says to not let it sit in a car, as it will damage the vest and cause it to lose form. So, that needs to be taken into consideration. Given that, this would not be a good vest to leave as response gear in your vehicle...but I'm wondering what the specifics are on how hot it can get.

I'm going to get some good use out of it over the next two weeks, so I'm fortunate it arrived today.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-13-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Pix of you wearing it with various shirts?
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Pix of you wearing it with various shirts?
    I sent something to your email, but I'll try to have something more comprehensive up by the end of September.

I sent something to your email, but I'll try to have something more comprehensive up by the end of September.
    Got it. Looks good. Only reason I could tell is because I knew it was there. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List