Page 93 of 203 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The staging at the "wall" is only a technique for making a slower precision shot. Not everyone's technique, maybe not the optimal technique. But it was the method I used on the pistols with a pronounced wall.
    I don't use that on speed drilling.

But yeah, it has surprised me how different this trigger is compared to all the Glocks I've shot about 90K rounds through, 75K since 2010. It is smoother with no drags and hitches and it's rolling break (which I had said I hadn't found in other Glocks just a couple months ago) is qualitatively quite different. Sunday I shot this G45 after 50 rounds function checking a Gen 4 G19 with a "dot" connector. The difference was quite noticeable.
    Interesting. Thanks for the response!

Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Yesterday, I shot Bill drills at 25yds. My times ranged from 4.15 to 4.5s, down at most 3Cs. I'm chasing Ben Stoeger's par of 4s, and getting close.

I think I’m getting more relaxed in my strong hand, and that’s making a big difference.

(Shadow2, Production rig)
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-23-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The staging at the "wall" is only a technique for making a slower precision shot. Not everyone's technique, maybe not the optimal technique. But it was the method I used on the pistols with a pronounced wall.
    I don't use that on speed drilling.

But yeah, it has surprised me how different this trigger is compared to all the Glocks I've shot about 90K rounds through, 75K since 2010. It is smoother with no drags and hitches and it's rolling break (which I had said I hadn't found in other Glocks just a couple months ago) is qualitatively quite different. Sunday I shot this G45 after 50 rounds function checking a Gen 4 G19 with a "dot" connector. The difference was quite noticeable.
    I notice the same thing with the 19x. Have you shot a 19x to compare it to the 45? I have 4 Gen 5 Glocks in my possession now, 19x, 19.5, 17.5, 34.5 with the front serrations, and the 19x has the best trigger out of any of them. At this point it wouldn't bother me to get rid of either the 34 or 17 and picking up another 19x.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I notice the same thing with the 19x. Have you shot a 19x to compare it to the 45? I have 4 Gen 5 Glocks in my possession now, 19x, 19.5, 17.5, 34.5 with the front serrations, and the 19x has the best trigger out of any of them. At this point it wouldn't bother me to get rid of either the 34 or 17 and picking up another 19x.

Shooting my son's 19X is what gave me the "a ha" moment. His gun's trigger made up my mind to get one; just the timing of the 45's arrival led me to it instead. The one of each I've shot and the half dozen or so of each I've dry fired in the LGS indicate they are the same.

Last year I owned an early 19.5 about two weeks. It was not like these 19X/45.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yesterday, I shot Bill drills at 25yds. My times ranged from 4.15 to 4.5s, down at most 3Cs. I'm chasing Ben Stoeger's par of 4s, and getting close.

I think I’m getting more relaxed in my strong hand, and that’s making a big difference.

(Shadow2, Production rig)
    One of the most important things to remember about shooting multiple shot strings at distance is that each shot needs to be its own event. It’s really easy when you’re shooting a bill drill on a par time to just shoot on a cadence. At 7 you can get away with that, at 25 yards the cadence will always result in dropped shots.

Gen 4 G-26, 147 HST. 11 rounds because that is what was in the gun when I took it out of my pocket.

Name:  IMG_2289.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  29.8 KB
    Last edited by BN; 10-23-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    One of the most important things to remember about shooting multiple shot strings at distance is that each shot needs to be its own event. It’s really easy when you’re shooting a bill drill on a par time to just shoot on a cadence. At 7 you can get away with that, at 25 yards the cadence will always result in dropped shots.
    I agree. A 1.5s draw, and 0.5s splits will result in a 4s total. That’s just enough time (in theory [emoji3]) to get a sight picture and controlled trigger press.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I agree. A 1.5s draw, and 0.5s splits will result in a 4s total. That’s just enough time (in theory [emoji3]) to get a sight picture and controlled trigger press.
    Dot Drill on a 2" dot at 7 yards in 5.0s is hard - and roughly equivalent to an 8" circle at 28 yards.

Bill Drill on a USPSA 6"x11" lower A-zone at 25 yards in 4.0s is even harder....
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I purchased an early 19.5 from one of our forum members. I intended to send it to Mark and have it milled for an RMR. I decided to throw a set of spare bold sights on it and hit the range today.

This is the first two 10 shot strings. I don’t record the time anymore unless I go over the 30 second mark.

I’ve owned gen2, gen3 and gen4 19s and I’m still amazed at how accurate the gen5 19 is.

I knew the moment I pulled the trigger I dropped that one low and left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Shooting Evan O.

User Tag List