Page 61 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I reckon I'll put this hear too. I just got this SA, LB Operator to hold me over while Dave Sams does his voodoo on my 9mm Combat Operator. This was the first 5 freestyle of the 150 aggregate at 25 yards this morning. GECO 230 gr ball. It shoots the dot so I had a folded 3x5 in the upper third of the bull to give me a consistent aiming point.

I don't know that I've ever shot a better 25 yard group, rested or offhand.

Attachment 15631
    Very well done JHC! An inspiration for sure!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Very well done JHC! An inspiration for sure!
    Thanks ASH. I've been working on the single action dry fire. And guess what's suffering?

The G19 I had at class with the KKM barrel and comp choked a few times the day before class but I thought it was the PMC ammo. Then in warmup I got bit by it on a draw just a little but it smoothered the cycle. So as not to be THAT guy in the class with gun issues I put it up and used my RTF2 G19.

So, I pulled the comped barrel and returned it to OEM and this morning I ran though the ammo I still had loaded in mags from the class to confirm it was not another problem with the gun. It ran great but I shoot one mag at 25 yds to see how my Glock trigger was fairing. You don't see any pics of that up here LOL

Not a bad group for a turn of the century Gen 3 G19 but ALL LEFT of the bull. Out of the bull and left. I was like oh dang, here it comes. I'm very grip and trigger habituated sensitive it seems.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I reckon I'll put this hear too. I just got this SA, LB Operator to hold me over while Dave Sams does his voodoo on my 9mm Combat Operator. This was the first 5 freestyle of the 150 aggregate at 25 yards this morning. GECO 230 gr ball. It shoots the dot so I had a folded 3x5 in the upper third of the bull to give me a consistent aiming point.

I don't know that I've ever shot a better 25 yard group, rested or offhand.

Attachment 15631
    Holee shit!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

91/100 during the 25y string of the FBI Bullseye Qual. Beretta PX4CC and 124gr Blazer Brass FMJ fired as five DA/SA pairs. After each pair, I'd bring the gun back to a high compressed ready position, take a breath, and press out for another pair.
    Name:  2nd Attempt 25y.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  50.3 KB

Hammertime
    Sighting in a Browning Hi Power. Stock sights from 1969.

First run with a Cajun tuned 75B SA. It hits way high with the installed Dawson sights but makes me a better shooter for sure.

Rapid fire with the same CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    91/100 during the 25y string of the FBI Bullseye Qual. Beretta PX4CC and 124gr Blazer Brass FMJ fired as five DA/SA pairs. After each pair, I'd bring the gun back to a high compressed ready position, take a breath, and press out for another pair.
    Name:  2nd Attempt 25y.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  50.3 KB
    Dan, were the lower 5 the D/A shots and the 5 above the X S/A shots?

Just curious as that would mirror my groups at distance with DA/SA pistols
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Dan, were the lower 5 the D/A shots and the 5 above the X S/A shots?

Just curious as that would mirror my groups at distance with DA/SA pistols
    I don't know. I didn't check the target in between pairs. My shot calling isn't good enough to tell little shifts like that. If I missed the whole paper, I'm usually able to call that when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I don't know. I didn't check the target in between pairs. My shot calling isn't good enough to tell little shifts like that. If I missed the whole paper, I'm usually able to call that when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-4 just curious, thanks
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Lot of you guys are crack shots, I'm impressed to say the least. p-f seems to maintain the highest ratio of skilled & experienced (pistol) shooters on the web.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

I go back and forth with micro-heeling the gun and applying counterforce in sequence with the recoil, no idea why at this point. This group I was heeling, clearly. But I'm very happy with the precision aspect of it.

EDIT: 10 shots at 25 yards, to clarify.

Last edited by SsevenN; 04-18-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

User Tag List