Page 47 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Nice shooting! What kind of sights are you running?
    Dawson adjustable tritiums.
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Dawson adjustable tritiums.
    Gen 3 G22 right?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Gen 3 G22 right?
    Correct. It was the RTF2 G22.
    C Class shooter.

Today's range trip with some observations.

First 10 rounds @ 25 yards. 98/100 4X

Attachment 8228

I have been restricting my calorie intake for 6 days now. I want to drop a few excess pounds I acquired eating too many deserts. Many instructors talk about the level of concentration required when working Accuracy. I just recently took a class with Kyle Defoor and Kyle ran his accuracy drills first thing in the day so people were at their freshest. Mike Pannone has talked about how fatiguing accuracy drills can be. Today I think I may have experienced hitting the wall right around round #16.

For further context my day prior to the range trip. Breakfast scrambled eggs, 3 whites & approx 1.5 yokes along with one cup of coffee with some milk and Half & Half. About an hour later I was in the gym doing an upper body circuit workout that lasted about 75 min. For the first time since restricting my calories I could tell my strength was suffering. I went home and relaxed for a while. Lunch consisted of one boneless skinless chicken thigh I reheated along with a couple tablespoons of salsa. A wedge of pineapple and a lot of water and that was it. I hung out for a while and when the crappy weather broke I scooted over to the range.

Same target picture taken after round #16. I had to pause before firing because I could really feel my blood sugar had dropped. Round #16 at 12 O'clock high in the 9-ring. I was having trouble keeping my front sight in clear focus.

When I went out to take the pic I noted that two rounds had made it into previous holes one right on the X and one at 10 O'clock on the X-ring.

Then I finished out the last rounds. Second 10 rounds 97/100 4X. For 20 rounds 195/200 8X.

20 rounds all in the black is a happy thing. Way to go!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Sunday, on my 25 yard, 150 aggregate I decided to break out one of my primary carry guns. Yeeyow POA=POI for 6 o'clock hold cost me some points but that's ok.

G26. Is there anything it can't do? https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Sunday, on my 25 yard, 150 aggregate I decided to break out one of my primary carry guns. Yeeyow POA=POI for 6 o'clock hold cost me some points but that's ok.

G26. Is there anything it can't do? https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    hds, well done sir

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    hds, well done sir
    ...and battlefield green. I'm liking that color.

Site Supporter
    No time for action shooting this week, so I worked on focus....a 50 round group on a B16, 5 strings of ten shots with the 92FS started hammer down with one way out there flier (boogered the DA shot) I called...I could definitely feel my focus slipping throughout the box of ammo, but the last twenty or so rounds I focused on the orange dot.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    5 rounds of 147gr Remington Golden Saber @ 25yd from my G4G17 - new training companion to my new carry G4G19.

User Tag List