Page 43 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    That's one thing I struggle with is a front sight focus. It FEELS like I shoot better with a target focus. At 25 a whole USPSA silhouette disappears with front sight focus but becomes much more clear with target focus and using my peripheral vision for sight alignment. I've been trying to do nothing but front sight focus on everything but it seems frustrating. Is the only con to target focus that you can't call your shots? (Which I can't do now anyways..)
    You say it feels like. What does the target say? I haven't tried but with iron sights (as opposed to my RMR gun), I can't imagine I wouldn't hit much of anything at 25 yards with target focus.

Not really sure. That target I posted yesterday was the first time for 25 yard group shooting. After the holiday I'll get back out and see what I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Not really sure. That target I posted yesterday was the first time for 25 yard group shooting. After the holiday I'll get back out and see what I find out.
    you absolutely need front sight focus. You can get away with target focus and should have at least an understanding of what that is like but a clear front sight and fuzzy everything else is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    You say it feels like. What does the target say? I haven't tried but with iron sights (as opposed to my RMR gun), I can't imagine I wouldn't hit much of anything at 25 yards with target focus.
    I meant to say I can't imagine I would hit anything at 25 with target focus. Not sure why I can't find the edit button. Hate to quote myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I meant to say I can't imagine I would hit anything at 25 with target focus. Not sure why I can't find the edit button. Hate to quote myself.
    I think theres a 30 minute window of time to edit.

If you can stray from OEM, I'd say try a Bar-Sto fitted barrel.

Well the 25 yard precision took a dump during the 25 yard El Prez, for the drill of the week.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Well the 25 yard precision took a dump during the 25 yard El Prez, for the drill of the week.
    I hear ya. I had some pretty good (for me) 25 yard groups yesterday. Went from that to 25 yard doubles with a 2 second par and was lucky to keep them all on the IPSC cardboard.

Wanted to bring this back to life

I posted this in the Glock 26 thread but figured it would be good here since it's a topic that is coming back up.

Glock 26
    Ameriglo Night Sights
    Medium Beavertail Backstrap
    3.75" group from 25 yards
    147gr HST
    10 round flush magazine

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 352
Size:  32.9 KB

User Tag List