Page 40 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Nicely done!

Site Supporter
    Awesome shooting!

Got a new shipment of ammo: Fiocci 115gr. Shoots pretty well:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Ash, good shooting, curious what sight combo and hold are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Ash, good shooting, curious what sight combo and hold are you using?
    Thanks! Sights are Ameriglo. It's the TCAP front (GL-212-165-120-Q) paired with the Defoor (GL-400) rear. Tops of blades holding center black (or my best attempt at it).
    Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    I've found using a laser has helped me with the steadiness of my hold. My main problem isn't so much the sights or trigger control, but rather keeping the gun steady on such a small target, and use of a laser (an then not using the laser, just applying proper hold, sight picture, and grip) has helped immensely.

I am trying that combo an a new gen 3 19, hope to have good results. Great shooting makes me wana practice and keep practicing

Finally got a real shot timer. It was a surprise birthday gift from the siblings in law and very much appreciated. I was getting rid of an Aimpoint and scored a Gen 3 19 with Trij HD's in trade. I was considering messing with a 19 again to see if I could carry it a little easier than my 17's. In the past I've had a lot of trouble with 19's; especially Gen 3's. This thing is definitely less forgiving than the Gen 4 17, but definitely still a viable option. Pretty happy with this.

Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Finally got a real shot timer. It was a surprise birthday gift from the siblings in law and very much appreciated. I was getting rid of an Aimpoint and scored a Gen 3 19 with Trij HD's in trade. I was considering messing with a 19 again to see if I could carry it a little easier than my 17's. In the past I've had a lot of trouble with 19's; especially Gen 3's. This thing is definitely less forgiving than the Gen 4 17, but definitely still a viable option. Pretty happy with this.

Nice shooting, I struggled past 15 yards when going from a 17 to 19. I also had issues when using a wider front sight like the HD. My performance with the G17 vs G19 is what prompted me to chop my carry G17 for 19 mags. Best of both worlds in a carry gun.

I've been putzing around with a .357 Sig G31 I traded into recently. I've been fascinated by its rep for inherent accuracy. This could have been something special if not for the flyer which I clearly felt/called.

Sights are Trijicon HD orange and it's got the Gen 4 dot connector. I used a 6:00 hold on the black bull.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List