Page 33 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Managed a five round, 50-4x at 25 yards yesterday. Four rounds under an inch. Pulled my third round into the ten-ring and opened my group up to 2". No pics, unfortunately.

I shot it with a custom 1911 shooting 230-grain HST.

Great shooting.

My humble attempt at 25 with a G17 last friday. Gen 4 G17, Warren sights, black rear F/O front, ammo was 147gr PD loaded over IMR 7625, mixed brass, and federal primers, if it wasn't for the low flyer would not have been bad. Due to poor lighting my spot to hold my sights was dead center on the orange dot. Been the better part of a year for me so will get back to work but much better than I expected

Energy goes where attention flows.

Not a bad start.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Not a bad start.
    We will see with my new G4 G17 how it goes. Went to go start getting some rounds down range with her yesterday and I was told "No Reloads" which seems to be the MO now here locally. So I'm gonna have to wait until I can renew at one of the local private clubs and then get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    We will see with my new G4 G17 how it goes. Went to go start getting some rounds down range with her yesterday and I was told "No Reloads" which seems to be the MO now here locally. So I'm gonna have to wait until I can renew at one of the local private clubs and then get to work.
    The local indoor ranges do that here as well. I would never advocate being dishonest of course but I carry one or two boxes of factory ammo loaded similarly to what I usually shoot with me to show the R/O on those occasions as well as my reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Christi View Post
    After learning and applying all the fundamentals of Marksmanship :
    - Grip
    - Stance & Body Position
    - Sight Alignment
    - Sight Picture
    - Trigger Control
    - Breathing
    - Follow through

The next best thing I did that brought me to a whole new level of trigger control and sight acquisition was to use a training tool from
    It is a fantastic dry fire tool that allows you to get in a couple hundred shots off in the house before bedtime. Helps you really see what's going on with your trigger management! Can't say enough about it!
    Judging from how many or your "ads" have been removed, you're well on your way to getting booted...........

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    Welcome to the site and good shooting! The Gen 4 G17 is more than capable and it looks like you're well on your way to wringing out its accuracy.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Welcome to the site and good shooting! The Gen 4 G17 is more than capable and it looks like you're well on your way to wringing out its accuracy.
    Thanks I have been away for a while but coming back with a much different mindset for various reasons, and I feel like I'm learning so much more from information that was always out thee, just me never looking for it. I have read your thread and you have come a long way as well very impressive improvements. If I'm not mistaken use to see you around on GT back in the day?

User Tag List