Page 29 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

That is probably the coolest looking Glock 22 I've ever seen. And it's a shooter, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Four strings of ten shot last night @ 25 yards. First time in a few years I have used a Glock. Warren Tactical (Sevigny Carry) sights (tritium front) on a stock G21. I was shooting from under a cover at my club range and it was 17:00ish and lighting sucked. I was having trouble getting a good focus on the front sight. The two shots in the 7-ring, I knew it when they broke especially the one at 7-o'clock.

Interesting grouping on the target. If that was a rifle, it would indicate a bedding problem. An M-1 Garand I shot ages ago shot huge groups with wild flyers all over, but shooting several clips at the same target, it would make groups of all the fliers. The action was shakingly loose in the stock. I cut strips of cardboard from a cartridge box and laid them under the action and trigger group and tightened it up, it then shot round groups less than half the previous size.

Kevin, very good group! I wonder if theres a way to get a glock to predictably make groups like that.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    That is probably the coolest looking Glock 22 I've ever seen. And it's a shooter, apparently.
    Thanks. That pistol was my constant companion for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Kevin, very good group! I wonder if theres a way to get a glock to predictably make groups like that.
    Thanks. That gun shot like that all day long. The trick was getting the guy behind it to do his part. Interestingly enough, aside from the sights, the rest of the gun was all factory parts. Nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Thanks. That pistol was my constant companion for quite a while.

Thanks. That gun shot like that all day long. The trick was getting the guy behind it to do his part. Interestingly enough, aside from the sights, the rest of the gun was all factory parts. Nothing special.

Malmute - the guns can shoot. They may not be the easiest gun to shoot to that level, but once you really learn 'em they can bring it.

Kevin - I love RTF2 for a shooting iron. partly iron. But Gen 3 .40 . . . eeeyew. What is your experience? I see those show up for sales around here fairly regularly.
    Last edited by JHC; 09-22-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Made this one at 25 yards a few days ago using an LAV drill where you try to press the trigger in 0.25 sec or less. (See http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...-the-right-way) These shots all broke under 0.30 sec. The group was 3.625", with nine shots in 2.25". Had it not been for the flyer, this would have been one of my best 10-shot 25-yard groups ever.

Made these four while checking my zero for an upcoming deer hunt.

Okie John

Please, shooting what on those 3 shot hunting zero pics? Very nice. Especially the 50!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Please, shooting what on those 3 shot hunting zero pics? Very nice. Especially the 50!
    My EDC, a Gen 3 G17 cut to take G19 mags. It has an OEM (-) connector, adjustable sights, and stock springs. It also has a Wilson barrel, but the OEM barrel shoots almost as well with cast bullets. Ammo for those targets was a 124-grain Hornady XTP over 5.0 grains of Unique.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    My EDC, a Gen 3 G17 cut to take G19 mags. It has an OEM (-) connector, adjustable sights, and stock springs. It also has a Wilson barrel, but the OEM barrel shoots almost as well with cast bullets. Ammo for those targets was a 124-grain Hornady XTP over 5.0 grains of Unique.

Okie John
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Kevin - I love RTF2 for a shooting iron. partly iron. But Gen 3 .40 . . . eeeyew. What is your experience? I see those show up for sales around here fairly regularly.
    I put about 8k thru that pistol without any issues. I REALLY liked that gun. I thought about picking up an RTF2 G22 and building one like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    I put about 8k thru that pistol without any issues. I REALLY liked that gun. I thought about picking up an RTF2 G22 and building one like it.
    In my class Hackathorn observed my RTF2 17 and remarked he thought they were the best guns Glock ever built. FWIW.

User Tag List