Page 27 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Thanks, just a stock-ish Gen4 G19. Meps for sights, 25 cent trigger job, and some 115 grain reloads I bought off our shooting club president. I'm a member of a Rod and Gun club up here in Vermont and a lot of the members are retired law enforement from NY, CT, and MA. They have been super helpful in helping me develop my shooting skills.
    Close to out of the box. Even better. I find 19s a measureable amount harder to get fancy with at 25 yds. Tip o' the hat.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I should'a stopped at 5 rounds. Started getting tired/lazy and slapping the trigger:

I've said it before here; 10 rounds offhand for groups becomes too much of a test of focus endurance for my tastes. 5 rounds for me. Tells me what I want to know.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've said it before here; 10 rounds offhand for groups becomes too much of a test of focus endurance for my tastes. 5 rounds for me. Tells me what I want to know.
    So what you're saying is that you need to work on your focus endurance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JWinTN View Post
    So what you're saying is that you need to work on your focus endurance, right?
    Ha! Not exactly. I have no intention of doing that! It could give me a stroke or something.

Site Supporter
    Shot a few personal bests today.
    Name:  IMG_20140908_211323.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  24.7 KB
    This was my second 25 yard, 10 round group (yes, there are two doubles in that target). The first was a 93-1X.

The Test. Not happy with the time but am pleased with the hits.
    Name:  IMG_20140908_211345.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  33.6 KB

Started the day with 3 clean FAST runs, 5.80, 6.14, 5.85. First time I've ever had 2/3 clean in under 6 seconds. The improvement I've made the last 2 years is mainly due to this forum.

^^ That's some good shooting!

Good shooting 1911Fan!

I got my replacement KKM barrel in yesterday so I tried it out today. Interesting the higher POI vs stock. Higher velocity? Same sights, same ammo, same gun (there are 2 doubles and 1 triple on the KKM target):

I messed around with my suppressor and X400 laser trying to get things all settled there, then finished up with my best ever run of The Test:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Oops, don't know what I was thinking when I wrote on the targets. I screwed that scoring all up. Oh well, the test was kinda fast...move on, nothing to see here.
    Last edited by ASH556; 09-09-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Good shooting 1911Fan!

I got my replacement KKM barrel in yesterday so I tried it out today. Interesting the higher POI vs stock. Higher velocity? Same sights, same ammo, same gun (there are 2 doubles and 1 triple on the KKM target):

I messed around with my suppressor and X400 laser trying to get things all settled there, then finished up with my best ever run of The Test:

Great shooting! Got any pics with the can on the glock?

User Tag List