Page 201 of 203 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

I'm a total Glock guy and have some sour M1911 experiences in my past. But, and I am shortening up the story here because I am older and can ramble, I picked up a Colt O1970A1CS a few months ago. It's a Mark IV/ Series 70 reproduction and it seems to be a shooter. This target is from my first reloading attempt with this pistol, 200 grain Blue LSWC coated and Accurate No. 2. The sights are very usable but it hits a little low. The trigger has way too much creep. It came with an 8 round flush magazine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shot my first ever freestyle 10 round group at 25 meters (27.34 yards). 8 inch diameter target shooting 124 grain Blazer brass. Zero was quick with only a few shots from a bag to verify my 5 meter zero. It was close enough so I shot this group for fun. Still needs a little fine tuning.

I usually don't shoot past 10 yards or so. I've never been good with a pistol. I was just hoping to hit the paper so I'm pretty proud of this even though it's not anything impressive to you guys.

Wanted to get a baseline so I can see progress as I continue working on my pistol skills.

@JCN Jeebuz! The target trolly is louder than the shooting. 🤣

Nice shooting btw. 😎👍🏻

Site Supporter
    Name:  20231113_123851.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  24.9 KB

92X compact with a TJIAB, no single action sear, and a RDO.

Sort of my concept of the type of gun I think is ideal for me to carry as a "shooting at assessment speed" as it makes the visual part of shooting that much easier, and the shooting part that much more deliberate, while still giving me a 6lb DA trigger that lights off even the hardest primers and shoots tiny groups at distance.

Went to range today with my newish G26.5 MOS with Holosun EPS 6MOA. Wasn't too happy with the normally pretty good stock Gen 5 trigger, so I had pulled an Apex trigger from another Glock to try in this one. Trip was intended to be a quick function check, but couldn't resist running 10 rounds through it at 25 yds. to recheck sights. Better than I normally do (well, there's that one pesky 8 at 11:00) other than with my Ruger .22, which has a 2-lb trigger. A nice package.

Name:  G26.5 at 25 11-16-23xs.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  22.5 KB

Maybe I have been doing this 25 yard thing all wrong...

Today I brought new HP ammo to function check in my MP5 clone because... reasons. And almost didn't bring a pistol. But I did, and shot off 10 rounds at 25 yards for the first mag.

***What I did differently though, instead of trying to hold the dot solid on bullseye, I was kinda letting it wander a little and then pressed the trigger when it was over the bull.***

I thought for sure this would have been a bad group, and its left but I'll take it!!!

Behold, my first 99-1X. Costa Carry Comp + Acro + LAX 124gr FMJ (new, not the reman stuff, but still cheapish ammo).

I have never taken a bullseye class, so I am open to suggestions on how to improve to get 100.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Maybe I have been doing this 25 yard thing all wrong...

***What I did differently though, instead of trying to hold the dot solid on bullseye, I was kinda letting it wander a little and then pressed the trigger when it was over the bull.***

I thought for sure this would have been a bad group, and its left but I'll take it!!!

Behold, my first 99-1X. Costa Carry Comp + Acro + LAX 124gr FMJ (new, not the reman stuff, but still cheapish ammo).

I have never taken a bullseye class, so I am open to suggestions on how to improve to get 100.
    That’s “ambushing” or…. Jumping on the trigger when the sight pic is perfect.

I’m much more accurate when I accept the wobble zone and let the trigger break no matter where the sights are in relation to the bull. Within reason, of course.

That’s a great group too.

Name:  PXL_20231225_174158365.MP.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  36.5 KB

I haven't shot B-8s at 25 in a while. I shot the first group with gloves on and thought maybe my zero had shifted. Before I adjusted anything I shot a group without the gloves. The group being smaller did t surprise me, but the big shift in POI did.

Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

5shots 25yds, but with grip resting on a jacket on the hood of a pickup. WC 1911 elite 45acp, iron sights. Wish I could do half as good offhand as what I’m seeing you guys do! Are y’all standing and shooting that good or is it from a rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 12-25-2023 at 10:22 PM.

User Tag List