Page 194 of 203 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

I've been practicing with my backup G34.5 the last week at 25 yards. I've put in 500 rounds of practice at this distance in the last week.

Was able to print my best target yet with a G34, a ~972/1000 and my average score is improving (100 rounds fired, 10 rounds per mag.). I shot this target below with a lot of range distractions and at a rapid pace, so I'm pretty happy with the result.

Name:  IMG-0488.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  35.8 KB
    Last edited by mizer67; 01-08-2023 at 11:16 AM.

While #Mizer67 is shooting 100 round groups, I want to reduce from 10 down to 5 to improve my scores...

Yeah, I called the flyer, for whatever that is worth. The good news for me is that the new setup with a Wedge MSH means the dot is back on the B8 after recoil, maybe just a touch high in the black zone.

25 yards, 124gr LAX FMJ, CCC+Acro. Did I mention the LAX Ammo from recent manufacture now comes with hard primers? So far in about 300 rounds it has been 8 or so good primer strikes and no boom. LAX is aware and offered to replace but for practice just means I get some tap-rack-bangs and confirming i am not flinching. Its still a surprise when it goes click, which I suppose makes for good training.

From my new years eve session. I'll take that any day with a 19.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post

Iron sights or a dot please sir?

Either way, impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Iron sights or a dot please sir?

Either way, impressive!
    Holosun 407c, grip anchor, and large beavertail backstrap cut in half so that it points similar to m&p's and the like. I was equally impressed btw! Not something I can do on demand but a good day to say the least.

Nicely done! Have you tried Chuck Pressburg's No Fail Drill? Seems like you'd do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Nicely done! Have you tried Chuck Pressburg's No Fail Drill? Seems like you'd do well.
    That was part of my reasoning for this. I had two rounds of hst that needed shot up due to being chambered several times. So i based my first shot off the No Fail, aiming for a <3.5 and the second simply whatever time was necessary for a good hit, with the goal of being in the black. It went better than expected

Edit - I've never actually had a passing run on the No Fail. Lack of consistency on my part, 8-9/10 often but never pulled together all 10 together.

That was part of my reasoning for this. I had two rounds of hst that needed shot up due to being chambered several times. So i based my first shot off the No Fail, aiming for a <3.5 and the second simply whatever time was necessary for a good hit, with the goal of being in the black. It went better than expected

Edit - I've never actually had a passing run on the No Fail. Lack of consistency on my part, 8-9/10 often but never pulled together all 10 together.
    Impressive. (And I've never had a passing run on No Fail either, but I like the drill).

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    So it’s not a 4% drop out of 100% if that makes sense.

It’s a 4% drop out of an absolute 20% possible functional drop….
    Interesting. This data supports the performance differences I see in my own shooting moving between G34 -> G17 -> G19 of 2% - 4%.

10 shots @ 50' one hand as per NRA Precision Pistol rules.

Swapped to a different optic and had to rezero. Other than the damn 9 at 9 o'clock one of
    the best groups I've shot in a while.

Name:  Small Group.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  55.2 KB
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

User Tag List