Page 179 of 203 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2027

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Logging in a new personal best with the P365x+HS407k; ten rounds on paper for a 83-1X, standing, 2 hand unsupported. This is pretty good for me.

I shot this with range ammo, Federal AE 124. I'd just installed a new WC grip module and tungsten weight set. Gun is around 400 rounds to date. 10 rounds, very slow, very firm hold, dot/target focus, press trigger. You could see the words "tabmoC nosliW" on my palms afterwards.

Name:  IMG_0397.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  32.1 KB

I've watched Mike Seeklander's YouTube on SHO as well as Tim Herron's. Those are both very good vids IMO albeit I didn't have much luck with how they place their thumbs.

But this Seeklander IG post resonated differently. Maybe narrowing the emphasis down. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYj8Uo1g7Nq/

In any case I worked that "tip" SHO a bit yesterday and was pretty happy with what I saw out of it.

Red inked were a 5 shot group from 25 SHO. I didn't have that much success freestyle yesterday; some other software glitch.

Name:  G45 SHO 25.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  70.1 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Name:  PXL_20220206_191242531.MP.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  28.4 KB
    Name:  PXL_20220206_194422105.MP.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  41.9 KB

When I got to the range today I realized I wouldn't be doing what I planned due to range conditions. I had been wanting to try the Humbler so that is what I did. I had some ok stages and some bad ones. I didn't have a full B8 so I just used a replacement center and called anything outside of that -10. That ended up hurting, mostly on the SHO speed stage where I only scored a 25! Not being used to kneeling and prone I probably threw a few points away there as well. My overall score was a 596 which gives me something to work with. I was happy with the FS rapid round pictured. After the humbler I shot the plate rack at 10, 15, 20, and 25 to start preparing for the Bianchi cup match I entered. On my last pass at 25 I left one plate up. I grabbed the 4 loose rounds that were sitting out and went back to 50 and said if I can't hit in those four rounds I would quit. I hit on my first shot, so I definitely quit.

Gun was Walther Q5 SF with 5 MOA SRO.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've watched Mike Seeklander's YouTube on SHO as well as Tim Herron's. Those are both very good vids IMO albeit I didn't have much luck with how they place their thumbs.

But this Seeklander IG post resonated differently. Maybe narrowing the emphasis down. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYj8Uo1g7Nq/

In any case I worked that "tip" SHO a bit yesterday and was pretty happy with what I saw out of it.

Red inked were a 5 shot group from 25 SHO. I didn't have that much success freestyle yesterday; some other software glitch.
    Repeated that exercise shooting the 43X in the Outdoor Research hot weather gloves which are very lightweight and provide great dexterity and feel while keeping my hands reasonably comfortable in the temps ~28 degrees.

I didn't have much .45 ammo along but enough to re-learn that SHO with my thumb riding the thumb safety is tough for me. I figure I just don't have enough grip to keep getting chawed on a bit.

Name:  43X SHO.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  slide bite.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  44.1 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Getting better, still not quite there though. Called the shot at the bottom as I had a "NOW!" moment and yanked the gun off-target.

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Finally shot my first hundred at 25 yards!

Stock G19 Gen5 MOS with Trijicon RMR 06 shooting Federal HST 124gr +p. The ammo was rolling around in my ammo box, couldn't tell what it was so I decided to shoot it rather than load it. Untimed, unfortunately. My previous 25-yard best was a 96-3x with my G48

Been chasing hundreds for a long time. I think I'll get it laminated
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Finally shot my first hundred at 25 yards!

Stock G19 Gen5 MOS with Trijicon RMR 06 shooting Federal HST 124gr +p. The ammo was rolling around in my ammo box, couldn't tell what it was so I decided to shoot it rather than load it. Untimed, unfortunately. My previous 25-yard best was a 96-3x with my G48

https://i.imgur.com/t3LKn4R.jpg

Been chasing hundreds for a long time. I think I'll get it laminated
    Came back too late to edit.

I figured out what the ammo was as soon as I shot it - the 124gr +p has more recoil than the 147gr HST I have.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Name:  PXL_20220220_204912027.MP.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  48.2 KB

After running through my Bianchi Cup practice I went with a slow fire at 25. I know some of you are chasing 100, presently I am just trying to keep 10 in the black. This one was a heartbreaker. That low right flyer was shot 8. I found the rest of the group a little weird as the are all around the center but no X's. If I had to guess it was because of the high winds. I was swaying quite a bit.

P365X w/PMM Micro Comp and Blazer 115gr FMJ @ 25yards

Name:  BE096FD1-7B0A-4A5A-BD4B-694CBEC91B0E.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  55.6 KB

User Tag List