Page 160 of 202 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2020

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

First stage of the fbi bullseye course. 98 in 42 seconds from a single ready position. Granted it was a rimfire but I'm happy.

Name:  20201121_121130.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  27.6 KB

Finished with a pr 297, dropping 1 during the "speed" stage

Name:  20201121_121646.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  28.8 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Big time discouragement at the range today guys. I decided to start working on my 25 yard shooting a little more using a sequence I saw on B-8 Development group.

25 yards on B-8's
    10 rds FS no time limit
    10 rds SHO no time limit
    10 rds WHO no time limit
    Kyle Defoor Hat qual (10 rds-20 seconds)
    10 rds FS no time limit

Simple enough. I shot it with my G19/RMR and my G45/SRO. Let me just say, all of my one handed work flat out sucked. I realize that last year I didn't shoot hardly at all due to health reasons, and this year, well is this year, but this was embarrassing.

It looks like a lot of one handed dry fire work is in the cards. Any other advice?

Yes I did not post my scores, I did not lose any rounds off the target, but that is about the best I can say.
    Last edited by MVS; 11-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Big time discouragement at the range today guys. I decided to start working on my 25 yard shooting a little more using a sequence I saw on B-8 Development group.

25 yards on B-8's
    10 rds FS no time limit
    10 rds SHO no time limit
    10 rds WHO no time limit
    Kyle Defoor Hat qual (10 rds-20 seconds)
    10 rds FS no time limit

Simple enough. I shot it with my G19/RMR and my G45/SRO. Let me just say, all of my one handed work flat out sucked. I realize that last year I didn't shoot hardly at all due to health reasons, and this year, well is this year, but this was embarrassing.

It looks like a lot of one handed dry fire work is in the cards. Any other advice?

Yes I did not post my scores, I did not loose any rounds off the target, but that is about the best I can say.
    That is similar to a 500 aggregate and I personally am pretty happy to go 50 rounds and have none off paper with a B8.

Hammertime
    New to me exercise of Draw 1 X10 at 25. 92 D. Enjoyed this and will continue to use it for training.

Name:  B3AAA5E4-219D-45EA-851B-4B83DB4FF67C.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  30.4 KB

It's so great when the first cold shot in warm up at 25 yards goes like this. It just screams opportunity for this day. Oh the possibilities! "Well, that didn't pan out."

Attachment 63583
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Usually if that would happen to me, it screams, pack it up, not going to get much better than that today lol! J/K! Great cold round!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It's so great when the first cold shot in warm up at 25 yards goes like this. It just screams opportunity for this day. Oh the possibilities! "Well, that didn't pan out."

Attachment 63583

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Usually if that would happen to me, it screams, pack it up, not going to get much better than that today lol! J/K! Great cold round!
    Ha! I'm never that smart. I held 10s for a couple more shots then the wheels came off. Bigly.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Today was a good day. Forgot my shot timer, so I spent most of my time at 25 yards.

Over the past eight days, I've been on the range for six of them, including a pair of back to back classes (Jedlinski/Reston's RDS Pistol Skills on Saturday/Sunday followed by Jon Dufresne's LE RDS Instructor on Monday and Tuesday). As of today, I was at just over 22k rounds for the year. I am pretty damned happy with my accuracy and consistency, with my worst string today being a 92-0X, and my best also being a personal record of 98-3X.

Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ; HK VP9 w/Grayguns SFAP, Trijicon RM09 Type 2, PMM Comp. Tracker & HK threaded barrel, and SweatyMuddyBloody texturing.

So friggin' close to 100!

Accidentally shot 11 on this one, so I threw out one of the X-ring hits when scoring it.

Lesson learned: when shooting for score, screw the target tape, and stick with a fresh repair center for every string. I scored these conservatively, but there might have been a line-break or two I couldn't see because of the tape.

Name:  160B9C5B-AE26-4C59-8F83-347A67539DC6.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  38.1 KB

Cold. Then, since I’m conserving ammo, failed a Defoor hat qual with 86 and 4 seconds left on the clock. Should have slowed down some.

20 more rounds on steel from the holster and then ran first shots from concealment.

1.09 average with this gem

Name:  91810FB5-169F-4171-80E5-889FA161ED08.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  70.1 KB

A personal best for me live fire from concealment. Dry practice pays off.

Regards.

Had a few more good runs today with the VP9 after some abysmal strings with a G17 I just picked up.

Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ; HK VP9 w/Grayguns SFAP, Trijicon RM09 Type 2, PMM Comp. Tracker & HK threaded barrel, and SweatyMuddyBloody texturing.

Pretty pleased with this one. Past few years I've been shooting SHO with thumb curled and touching the tip of my middle finger. I've been experimenting a bit lately and shot this one with a flagged thumb, with pretty good results.

Forgot to grab a pic of the first speed bull, which was an 86-1X in 8.74. Lost count on this one and busted par getting the last shot off.

User Tag List