Page 159 of 203 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Calling for the Ruger LCP .22 group!!! Here!!!
    Not a Ruger. It's a Phoenix Arms HP22A. And that's a 50 yard group.

Name:  IMG_0224.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  38.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Not a Ruger. It's a Phoenix Arms HP22A. And that's a 50 yard group.

Name:  IMG_0224.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  38.2 KB
    I’m not worthy. I’m a slug. 🤣
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Well, after that post by @JHC, I'm somewhat embarrassed to post this. Plus, in these times of ammo scarcity, I was shooting my Ruger .22 and not a CF caliber. Nonetheless, here's my first post on this thread (of a target of mine). Should have been 20 shots, but I was using cheap Winchester "milk carton" bulk ammo, and had one dud round. Definitely room to tighten up, and once I have cataracts removed, I can probably see target a bit better. Although, I'm pretty sure spread is trigger-related and not sight-limited.
    Attachment 62658

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Well, after that post by @JHC, I'm somewhat embarrassed to post this. Plus, in these times of ammo scarcity, I was shooting my Ruger .22 and not a CF caliber. Nonetheless, here's my first post on this thread (of a target of mine). Should have been 20 shots, but I was using cheap Winchester "milk carton" bulk ammo, and had one dud round. Definitely room to tighten up, and once I have cataracts removed, I can probably see target a bit better. Although, I'm pretty sure spread is trigger-related and not sight-limited.
    Attachment 62658

There’s no future in comparison to shooting with KB. Ask me how I know. 🤣
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    There’s no future in comparison to shooting with KB. Ask me how I know. 🤣
    Well, while I probably won't get much better, I figure if I ship him a big cake laced with Kryptonite, I can bring Superman down closer to my level.

Seriously, though, it's nice to know the reality of "This is what a really good shooter can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    If that is your shooting that is absolutely exceptional.
    No I wish lol, I know who did the work and he is a beast of a shooter. I try and hang with him as much as I can.

Name:  029AC1F8-2CD4-47B6-9959-B977B0783209.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  42.2 KB

Ammo shortage affecting me negatively. 92-1X

Worked on first shot from concealment drills mostly. Took 2 buddies and ran the timer for them.

Name:  9C8BB929-475D-40C0-ADFD-1ABB07DE6A85.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  63.2 KB

So, still hoarding my meager supply of 9mm, I was at the range again today with my Ruger .22/.45 with red dot. Following was at 25 yd, with bulk Federal .22LR.
    Attachment 63166

Appears to be a 99-4X. Best I've done. Will likely compel me to break out a few rounds of 9mm and try the Glock.

Interestingly, there was a relatively long line of folks (certainly for a weekday) waiting for a turn on the range (this range has three bays for a total of 30-odd shooting positions). And in the bay where I was, more than a few of the people were not using their ammo like they'd just mortgaged their house to buy it. IIRC, this range currently sells 9mm ball for $26/box of 50, with a limit of 2-3 boxes. Perhaps these are new shooters, and not that aware of the price of ammo 6-8 months ago. Regardless, range usage is as brisk as I can recall it being for some time.

Great video by @LGChris. I’m going to incorporate this approach into my practices.

From today... Warmed up, semi-rapid fire with my Roland Special. Considering how little I've been shooting lately I was pleased to see I can still hit a barn.

User Tag List