Page 152 of 203 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2025

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Hammertime
    Checking Zero on a new to me G45 MOS with Holosun. Used sandbags, seated for the 100 and freehand standing for the 98. I guess the zero is perfect because I didn’t adjust anything. Doing some sandbagged shooting really helped my standing trigger control. I don’t usually use them but I think I will going forward. Also: Dots make this 25 yard stuff easier.

Name:  7D1B88A8-3F48-4524-A646-66A77AF8C7AB.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  E3E3D8A4-6B76-45D4-A6C7-4A0D01A9797D.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  37.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Checking Zero on a new to me G45 MOS with Holosun. Used sandbags, seated for the 100 and freehand standing for the 98. I guess the zero is perfect because I didn’t adjust anything. Doing some sandbagged shooting really helped my standing trigger control. I don’t usually use them but I think I will going forward. Also: Dots make this 25 yard stuff easier.

Name:  7D1B88A8-3F48-4524-A646-66A77AF8C7AB.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  E3E3D8A4-6B76-45D4-A6C7-4A0D01A9797D.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  37.7 KB
    Damn! Very nice!

RTF2 G17 w/KKM barrel from 25 for the 95.

Felt good for the 95 so I felt sporty and moved back 5 more yards for the 5 in 15 seconds from 30 (blue marked)

Name:  IMG_5685.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5688.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  47.8 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    RTF2 G17 w/KKM barrel from 25 for the 95.

Felt good for the 95 so I felt sporty and moved back 5 more yards for the 5 in 15 seconds from 30 (blue marked)

Name:  IMG_5685.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5688.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  47.8 KB
    You know, you're a pretty fancy shooter with a Glock, for being 1911 guy and all.
    I cannot make the switch very easily, from that sweet 2011 trigger to the Glock. Nope, not at all. I tip my hat to you sir!

Off topic, but are you right handed/ I see you wear you watch on your right hand also. Is kind of weird when you shoot?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    You know, you're a pretty fancy shooter with a Glock, for being 1911 guy and all.
    I cannot make the switch very easily, from that sweet 2011 trigger to the Glock. Nope, not at all. I tip my hat to you sir!

Off topic, but are you right handed/ I see you wear you watch on your right hand also. Is kind of weird when you shoot?
    Thanks. It's only been a few years I re-started my 1911 shooting. I had hardly touched them for a long ~20 year stint almost all Glock. Now that I got recalibrated on 1911s a bit, I don't want to completely lose a feel for either platform so I mix them up pretty much. Not optimal with either but reasonably able.

The dominant hand wrist watch thing is funny. After a lifetime of watch on the left, I got the idea during the lad's deployments to wear two wristwatches. One set to my local time and one to their time. I found it cool to check my time and then glance and their time throughout every damn day.

So after that the right hand watch doesn't feel odd or anything.

I keep my watch there now because almost every morning I take our doggo on a short ruck at around 0400.

On my left, I wear a Surefire wrist light. @JodyH did a review of how handy those were some years back and I bought some immediately thereafter and find them extremely useful. While primarily the wrist light is a handy utility light that augments my headlamp and hand carried SF P3 Fury on the rucks. However, in the event problem solving required plan c, d, or e the wrist light from freestyle or SHO is nasty bad but workable if its on my left wrist.

So, it's just easiest to settle on the right for the wristwatch now vs switching back and forth. I get that question quite a bit. As much as "why do you wear two wrist watches" during deployments. LOL

Name:  IMG_2579.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  64.6 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

@JHC, damn man, that is an awesome backstory, especially concerning with your young men being deployed.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    @JHC ,Thanks for raising such a son. Thank him for his service for me. Airforce, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    @JHC ,Thanks for raising such a son. Thank him for his service for me. Airforce, right?
    Thanks, two of them actually. Both Army paratroopers, one Infantry (NCO) one Artillery (commissioned officer).
    Last edited by JHC; 08-20-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Thanks, two of them actually. Both Army paratroopers, one Infantry (NCO) one Artillery (commissioned officer).
    Awesome. I was never Army but have been both an NCO and Arty at some point in my career.

Ended up a range session with two 10-round groups at 25 yards. Just OK, and certainly not worth a photo. But got a comment for the books. As I was pulling the target off the cardboard backer, I saw one of the new-to-me RSOs looking. I said "So, what do you think for an old man with bad eyes?" The young lady, with no hesitation, replied "Do you have any sights on that gun?" Ouch! No mercy . . .

User Tag List