Page 126 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

G17.5 after I lightly polished the trigger bar, installed a TTI Ultimate Connector, and lubed her up. 124 gr. Lawman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    G17.5 after I lightly polished the trigger bar, installed a TTI Ultimate Connector, and lubed her up. 124 gr. Lawman.
    How would you rate the TTI connector compared to the stock Gen 5 one?
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    How would you rate the TTI connector compared to the stock Gen 5 one?
    The stock connector in my 17.5 appeared to be a dot connector. The TTI connector looks like a polished and worked over minus connector. The difference in feel is fairly significance. It went from a staple gun feeling to that nice and clean rolling break that I have in my G17.2 and G19.4 #1.

I originally wanted just an OEM minus connector that I would give the same light polish job that I gave the trigger bar, but everyone was out of stock. BSPS had the TTI connector in stock for roughly the same price. So I said “eh, screw it, let’s give it a shot”.

The stock connector in my 17.5 appeared to be a dot connector. The TTI connector looks like a polished and worked over minus connector. The difference in feel is fairly significance. It went from a staple gun feeling to that nice and clean rolling break that I have in my G17.2 and G19.4 #1.

I originally wanted just an OEM minus connector that I would give the same light polish job that I gave the trigger bar, but everyone was out of stock. BSPS had the TTI connector in stock for roughly the same price. So I said “eh, screw it, let’s give it a shot”.
    Cool - thanks for the feedback. I am considering trying one out. I am a rolling break guy too so this may be just the ticket.

BTW, who is BSPS?

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Cool - thanks for the feedback. I am considering trying one out. I am a rolling break guy too so this may be just the ticket.

BTW, who is BSPS?
    Ben Stoeger Pro Shop

https://benstoegerproshop.com/tti-gl...l-innovations/

Excellent - thanks again!

Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

G19-5. 30 rounds slow fire. 258/300. I was able to call the really bad fliers like the one in the 6 ring and the top round in the 7, but the group as a whole is low. I’m using the Ameriglo BOLD sights that came installed from the factory with a drive-the-dot sight picture. Maybe I need a shorter front?

Name:  IMG_1173.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  28.1 KB
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-18-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Dan - my new Gen5 G19 MOS came with Bolds as well, and shoots pretty noticeably low. It came with a .180" front sight, I'm going to swap out with a .165" front that I've got on hand and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Dan - my new Gen5 G19 MOS came with Bolds as well, and shoots pretty noticeably low. It came with a .180" front sight, I'm going to swap out with a .165" front that I've got on hand and see if that helps.
    I’ve never noticed this before because I’m not a great 25y shooter and I’ve never fired a group this large before. With 10 shot groups, it’s tough for me to tell if the gun shoots low or maybe I do because I expect some spread at my skill level. I’ll give this 30 round idea a couple more attempts to see if things remain consistent.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Name:  IMG_3861.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  67.3 KB

Today was 22 day. I've been liking my new S&W 43c revolver. I had shot it before and could mostly keep my hits in the down zero of an IDPA target at 25 yards. Today, I made several attempts at a B-8. Lots in the 80's with my best an 89. It's pretty hard to keep my elevation consistent with the big dot front sight. The surprise was my 1 attempt with my S&W M&P 22 Compact. 94, 2X. I shot a 95, 3X with my Ruger MKII with an old Tasco red dot on it. The dot kept going out. Probably needs some attention.
    Last edited by BN; 08-19-2019 at 04:02 PM.

User Tag List