Five rounds, slow fire
    One round from the holster, <4.0; five times
    Five rounds from the holster, <20; twice
    Five rounds from the holster, <15; twice

Slow fire; 50-3X
    Attachment 35996

One round from the holster <4.0, five strings; 50-3X
    Attachment 35997

Five rounds from the holster <20, two strings; 97-6X (no pic)

Five rounds from the holster <15, two strings; 97-5X (estimated)
    Attachment 35999

Overall: 294-17X (estimated)
    I tried this thing from @Kevin B. today. He makes it look way too easy. I was very disappointed that my first 5 slowfire were so poor; especially given most of the rest of the shooting. Somehow my finger likes the feedback from a DA press and I struggle to maintain good control with the shorter, lighter SA trigger. Also I messed up the scoring somehow as my per-string down count is worse than what I count on the overall target. Rushed the 5-shot strings too. I'll take it for a first attempt, though.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Man, that is the stuff my dreams are made of right there! Congratulations on a fantastic performance with your duty weapon while under the weather!
    Thanks.

Still can't get over the fact that the ammo is Winchester bulk sold in the ammo cans at Cabelas. Hesitated buying it but I had Cabela bucks to spend and got it dirt cheap.....and I needed the ammo can.

Stock Glock OEM night sights too. If you take out that one low hit in the 10 ring under the X ring, it's like a one inch group for nine rounds.

Not too long ago, I was poo poo-ing Winchester ammo due to past experience with it (missing primers, bullets seated all wonky) but I may go back and buy more of it.

I can't get the P320 to group for anything. I probably need to try some heavier weight bullets. Seems the more rounds I get through it, the looser the groups at 25.

Regards.

How does stuff like this even happen? I saw it in the sights too. Mutinous trigger finger:

Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I'm throwing myself under the bus. I'm going shooting Saturday. I'll post 5 from 10, 5 from 15, and 5 from 25.

I'm thinking with my EDC Glock 19 Gen 5.

Maybe a 10/10/10 test as well. But for sure - three B8's.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.
    So, between that range only having a 15 yard indoor range and the relay that carried the target to the end and back breaking I was only able to get 1 ten yard group. So, I waited until I went to the range again, and here we are.

Prepare yourselves.

Here is my Glock 34 Gen 5 (Brand new gun first time out to the range - so I needed to drift the sights some as it did favor to the left).

From left to right we have 25 yards, 15 yards, and 10 yards.

Name:  Glock 34 Gen 5 3 targets.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  52.3 KB

Here is my Glock 19 Gen 5.

Name:  Glock 19 Gen 5 3 targets.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  59.5 KB

Here is my Glock 26 Gen 4.

Name:  Glock 26 Gen 4 3 targets.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  59.5 KB

Finally, here is my Glock Gen 5 34 again because I thought I forgot my 15 yard target when I was sorting them into a binder and couldn't find it (so I shot another one - looks similar) and I decided just to run 20 rounds through the gun at 7 yards and focus on a 2'' circle.

Name:  Glock 34 Gen 5 (second photo).jpg
Views: 456
Size:  73.7 KB

My thoughts are I seem to either

A.) Need to keep with the pursuit to find yet an even smaller pistol (The groups became tighter as the gun got smaller, what's the deal here? Could have also been due to the fact I "warmed up" as I shot the 34, 19, and 26 in that order)

B.) Sell my guns, buy new running shoes, reflector vest, and a rape whistle.

C.) Figure something else out.

I did notice I had to drift my Glock 34 rear sight significantly (it may need further adjustment), and I noticed with my Glock 19 that the gun did groupings did not center until I put a medium back strap on them. I may do the same with the 34.

I don't shoot as much as I'd like, but I'm open to any and all advice.

I also have another quandry. I have somewhat different sight configurations on these pistols. But, I'll let us unpack what I've already presented here.

Thanks guys

ETA: The Target with my shooting on the 2'' circle with the 34 is Post sight adjustments. I'm thinking I'm going to put the medium back strap on it (same as my Glock 19), and bring the rear sight tool with me to the range again next time I go. Probably next Friday.
    Last edited by BWT; 03-15-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

@BWT what size hands do you have?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    @BWT what size hands do you have?
    They’re medium to large I’d say?

They’re a little bit more thick or meaty than average, but I don’t have particularly long fingers.

The medium back strap on my Glock 19 seems to support this logic.

I also need to dry fire more regularly.

I know advice has been given in this thread historically and I appreciate and would like that, but if I need to start a different thread to sort out my individual shooting - somebody please just indicate as much.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Five rounds, slow fire
    One round from the holster, <4.0; five times
    Five rounds from the holster, <20; twice
    Five rounds from the holster, <15; twice

Slow fire; 50-3X
    Attachment 35996

One round from the holster <4.0, five strings; 50-3X
    Attachment 35997

Five rounds from the holster <20, two strings; 97-6X (no pic)

Five rounds from the holster <15, two strings; 97-5X (estimated)
    Attachment 35999

Overall: 294-17X (estimated)
    I tried this again today. Improvement from last time, but still plenty of improving to be done:

Food Court Apprentice

I tried this thing from @Kevin B. today. He makes it look way too easy. I was very disappointed that my first 5 slowfire were so poor; especially given most of the rest of the shooting. Somehow my finger likes the feedback from a DA press and I struggle to maintain good control with the shorter, lighter SA trigger. Also I messed up the scoring somehow as my per-string down count is worse than what I count on the overall target. Rushed the 5-shot strings too. I'll take it for a first attempt, though.

Solid shooting, the subsequent excellent. I shot this first time yesterday with a G45 for a dismal 254. 48 slowfire, 47 for the D1 <4.0. Then on the 20 sec and 15 sec stage I threw one each off the backer.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-18-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Solid shooting, the subsequent excellent. I shot this first time yesterday with a G45 for a dismal 254. 48 slowfire, 47 for the D1 <4.0. Then on the 20 sec and 15 sec stage I threw one each off the backer.
    Thanks Joe! What were your times on the 20 and 15 sec stages? I found I really rushed the first time. Even today (better run) I was in the 13's on the 20 sec par stages and 10's on the 15 sec par stages. Of course, I'm using that cheatin' Beretta too
    Food Court Apprentice

Thanks Joe! What were your times on the 20 and 15 sec stages? I found I really rushed the first time. Even today (better run) I was in the 13's on the 20 sec par stages and 10's on the 15 sec par stages. Of course, I'm using that cheatin' Beretta too
    On the 20 sec I shot the first one is like 12 seconds. Fuck up. Then the 2nd one in 17 and change. Good.

On the 15 sec I shot the first in 10 and change. Then the 2nd in 13 and change. I see a pattern.

It will take awhile for me to learn this.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List