Page 95 of 203 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I was the range yesterday and decided to walk it back to 50 yards and do some standing offhand. The results were solid, since I haven’t shot at real long ranges in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/29976677006...3444682365585/

Beretta 92 with American Eagle 147 grain, and for a better shot of the target here’s this:

Attachment 31924

Obviously 20-something seconds is basically an eternity, so I had all the time in the world to clean up my sight picture and fuck with my grip in between shots. If I was seriously training for Bianchi Cup the par time is 6 shots in 15 seconds, which is a lot less time and I have to take better steps to manage recoil.
    Excellent work! From the looks of your picture you were shooting COM on a backer. Some might prefer a high contrast reference point to use as an aiming point. There you have to be careful what you ask for because the urge to perfect a sight picture may outweigh sight alignment. Good solid sight alignment and a trigger press that does not disturb the sights wins every time as evidenced in your target.

Sighting my practice Shadow2 at 25. Looks like it’s drifted a bit high.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Excellent work! From the looks of your picture you were shooting COM on a backer. Some might prefer a high contrast reference point to use as an aiming point. There you have to be careful what you ask for because the urge to perfect a sight picture may outweigh sight alignment. Good solid sight alignment and a trigger press that does not disturb the sights wins every time as evidenced in your target.
    I’d much rather shoot at something like a B8 or an NRA Action Pistol target at 50 yards than a plain IDPA target. The high contrast reference point makes getting hits easier. I just happened to have nothing but IDPA targets at the range yesterday.

I’d much rather shoot at something like a B8 or an NRA Action Pistol target at 50 yards than a plain IDPA target. The high contrast reference point makes getting hits easier. I just happened to have nothing but IDPA targets at the range yesterday.
    I completely understand. However for some it is a double edged sword. They think it is easier yet they get obsessed with sight picture at the expense of sight alignment which negatively impacts outcome.
    Last edited by JohnO; 11-01-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Best I could manage today with the P30 V4.1. Had some guy doing mag dumps at 7 beside me the whole time which made concentration difficult. Called 2 of the three fliers to the left as soon as I broke the shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  9B715D32-3A58-48B2-A456-D3C4F31E2887.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  80F0E22C-968C-4A4F-8E4C-1BF3FDF89CFB.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  28.6 KB

Second target was 25 rounds from 25 yards. I’m trying that at my club range when I can’t walk down and put up fresh targets as a courtesy to other members firing.

Don’t want to be “that guy” who asks to go cold ten times an hour. Lol

Name:  3C789001-756D-4DC3-88A7-88E66108D28C.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  B566DFBF-0C46-473D-A0F8-CB691C397CBF.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  29.4 KB

Moved it to the 50. Going to start working on that now.

And ignore “127 grain”......124 fmj Speer factory seconds.

I was the range yesterday and decided to walk it back to 50 yards and do some standing offhand. The results were solid, since I haven’t shot at real long ranges in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/29976677006...3444682365585/

Beretta 92 with American Eagle 147 grain, and for a better shot of the target here’s this:

Attachment 31924

Obviously 20-something seconds is basically an eternity, so I had all the time in the world to clean up my sight picture and fuck with my grip in between shots. If I was seriously training for Bianchi Cup the par time is 6 shots in 15 seconds, which is a lot less time and I have to take better steps to manage recoil.
    SPECTACULAR!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This was a magazine with no time limit, setting the gun down after 5 round sets. My proudest moment was calling the miss low left as the shot left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like 2405 North Parkway's range, Babypanther. Good shooting!

I need to run by there one Tuesday and hang some B8s up. Haven't shot there in years.

Regards.

User Tag List