Page 172 of 203 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

How it started:

How it's going:

And what happened in the middle (124 +P GDHP):

Zeroing RMR on a new G45 I'll be running in a Gabe class in a couple weeks. That damn trigger just won't control itself. Snatching mediocrity from the jaws of excellence.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Really impressive shooting. I have yet to hundo a B8
    Thanks, It took a lot of work to be able to on a somewhat consistent basis. I can’t with iron sights, but I’m able to shoot consistently >95/96 and at least a couple of hundreds on each range session with most of my red dot guns unless I’m just having a bad day.

Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

98 (5x). Shadow2, iron sights, new CGW barrel bushing. No sight adjustment required.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    98-2x Springfield Armory range officer with an EGW angle bored bushing. Sights are a Harrison fixed rear and Dawson fiber optic front. About as close as I've been to a hundo so far

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1911 beenawhile / B-8 Headgames

Feeling “glocked-out”. I think the rear sight in my Gen-5 G17 creeped to the right - again - like 3” right at 15m (Triji HD’s pulled from a Gen 4).

Broke out the .45 / CQB - haven’t seriously shot it in a few years.
    Ammo - NATO brown box .45
    78/0-x cold (not posting that pic!)
    89/0-x second group ( I can live w/ that

150’ish rounds of 7yd press outs, holster draws and bill drills. Managed 2.75 and 2.68 clean bill drills w/ long 1st shot times and splits in the low.2s

walk back drills from 3 - 18yd cool down.

Finished w/ a “consistent” 25 yd 89/0-X on the B-8, and 10 rounds (barely) in the A-Zone thanks in 37.12.

B-8 Headgames:
    All I want is a damn 10 rounds in the Black at 25yds/meters!! I’ve Never broke a 91 or 92.
    My head - “Squeezing to tight/to loose, TPC C clamp/Nutcracker, Should I loosen the strong hand three amigo’s? What did Paul Howe Say in class? Enos’ book said to relax the shoulders and see what you need to, Ron Avery on utube mentioned back tension in the forearms, HD’s are distracting, this Fiber Optic covers the whole damn target, these sights suck, I should go back to Heine’s or try some Defoors, this other range member is asking me to go cold right now w/ 2 other open bays, are your serious!?!

Felt great and actually fun to put some much needed love back into my 1911!
    Heavy steel and nice trigger, maybe it’s time to check out a CZ shadow

Name:  1CAC7893-2CDA-4329-B7ED-78D14227878F.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  39.2 KBName:  29151DB0-5D8B-4896-8673-D8796EA8F46B.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  38.2 KBName:  5BCBD004-9075-4712-AE22-8971B977F058.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  41.6 KB
    Last edited by KneeShot; 09-02-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Glock Sliding rear sight

Since I mentioned it - here are a few pics of the groups and creeping sight.

Sight was originally on a Gen 4. It creeped to the right once and than I tried to apply some red loctite or similar to the base of the sight and slide.

Bullseye measures three inches. Groups fired from 15yd’s. I was like no way is my trigger control this F’d up!
    I just turned 40 and have noticed my eyes are not as crisp (fine, I said it in public).

Ordered some Proctor FO’s for a tighter sight picture and I like the fact that they come w/ 2 screws to tighten down.

If that rear sight moves/slides/creeps it might push me over the edge to order an ACRO 2 and start fresh.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    One of my better groups recently, zeroing an RM06 at 25M (~27ish yards). Each square is 1x1". First 5 rounds were low and left, adjusted my windage and elevation a tad, then finished the mag to confirm zero. Was pretty satisfied with my shooting. Wish I was always this good!

Site Supporter
    First time out with a 19.5 MOS + ACRO P-1. Matched the dot to the Night Fision MOS sights with some additional windage adjustments freestyle with Lawman 115.

Ten rounds using right hand dominant (10/10) and ten rounds using left hand dominant (7/10) on 3x5 cards. I’m enjoying the left hand shooting more and more. Trigger control is good, but recoil control not so much. I write lefty but play all sports righty.

Name:  DD2A66A8-44B3-4C8A-88C3-D793F1912FAA.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  58.4 KB

Gen 5 Glock 17 w/ Frank Proctor OG Y notch / FO sights freshly installed.

Chased the zero around on 3x5 index cards. Tried zeroing off of a sand bag rest. Felt really weird trying to get everything lined up height wise while seated and look down the sights like “normal”. Started at 10 and worked to 25.

How does everyone else zero irons? Rest / seated? Rest standing? Freestyle? Seated, no rest?

First standing freestyle group at 25 on a B-8 and an A-Zone.

I don’t know how the hell you guys shoot 90 plus w/ stock Glock sights!

Maybe I’ll change my screen name to “Stuckat89”.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post

How does everyone else zero irons? Rest / seated? Rest standing? Freestyle? Seated, no rest?

I don’t know how the hell you guys shoot 90 plus w/ stock Glock sights!

Maybe I’ll change my screen name to “Stuckat89”.
    I zero freestyle.

It took a while for me to break 90. My last duty pistol (G17.4) had stock OEM night sights. I found that they were set up for a six o'clock hold and I had to really focus to ignore the 3 white dots/outlines and focus more on the black metal on the front sight. Then it became easier to break 90 at 25y. When we went to the G45, I purchased the G17.4, put plain Defoor sights on it, and typically can mid 90s on demand with it set up like that.

User Tag List