Page 97 of 203 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Shot this target on the Bullseye CoF I typically use as a warm-up. I was well on my way to cleaning it when I pulled one high on my first string of five in fifteen seconds. 😡 Still my best performance to date.

Attachment 32613

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  31.3 KB

Haven’t been in a while and was pushing left bad.

Not enough dry fire either.

I'm getting sick of this STELLAR shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I'm getting sick of this STELLAR shooting!
    It was my only decent target out of ten attempts. Everything seemed to be against me.

First, it was cold....and windy...and blowing right in my direction which caused my eyes to water real bad. Watery eyes are not conducive to focusing on the front sight. I was also at my club range which has overhead covers. That was blocking good sunlight from hitting my front sight. I would get 8 or 9 solid blacks and then throw one or two in the 7 ring or 8 ring.

I took a break and tried some reloads from a guy that worked up some powder puff rounds and his P220 wouldn't cycle them. Everything was going fine and then I had one that he must have screwed up because it sounded like a grenade went off and the recoil was punishing. It didn't blow the mag out but I stopped, made clear, and checked the Glock 41 real good for damage. I went back to the S&B factory stuff and REALLY had to find my happy zone to not throw shots after that experience.

I moved just a bit forward where the sun would hit the front blade and focused on that sight even in between shots. I didn't take my eyes off that sight until that 10th shot had been triggered and got that target.

I had also taken a break in between boxes (2) of .45 and ran my new Tac 14 hardwood with bird and buck shot so I am sure that was a mistake when I went back and tried to all black B8s.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    It was my only decent target out of ten attempts. Everything seemed to be against me.

First, it was cold....and windy...and blowing right in my direction which caused my eyes to water real bad. Watery eyes are not conducive to focusing on the front sight. I was also at my club range which has overhead covers. That was blocking good sunlight from hitting my front sight. I would get 8 or 9 solid blacks and then throw one or two in the 7 ring or 8 ring.

I took a break and tried some reloads from a guy that worked up some powder puff rounds and his P220 wouldn't cycle them. Everything was going fine and then I had one that he must have screwed up because it sounded like a grenade went off and the recoil was punishing. It didn't blow the mag out but I stopped, made clear, and checked the Glock 41 real good for damage. I went back to the S&B factory stuff and REALLY had to find my happy zone to not throw shots after that experience.

I moved just a bit forward where the sun would hit the front blade and focused on that sight even in between shots. I didn't take my eyes off that sight until that 10th shot had been triggered and got that target.

I had also taken a break in between boxes (2) of .45 and ran my new Tac 14 hardwood with bird and buck shot so I am sure that was a mistake when I went back and tried to all black B8s.
    Any reports on running the TAC14 would be so much fun. Just sayin'
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Any reports on running the TAC14 would be so much fun. Just sayin'
    I'll try to do one in the shotgun section.....er......12 gauge firearm section.

Name:  IMG_2478.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  33.1 KB

LTT Elite 115 S&B

Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread. I know that when shooting at distance, you need a hard focus on the front sight.

When shooting with a red dot at distance, are you guys using a modified technique, or still just both eyes open, target focus?
    Last edited by BK14; 12-13-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Hammertime
    Had a good day with the 19X this week.

User Tag List