Page 81 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Having just moved from the Dawson Chargers (FO front) to the Ameriglo Bolds, I have found the Ameriglos to be more universally visible across lighting conditions, but with looser dimensions, like we'd expect with night sights. I STILL haven't made it to a USPSA match to try them out there, but that's a test I definitely need to subject them to.
    The most accurate sights I have ever used on a handgun were the haley strategic thirteen sights, the rear notch and front blade are both .125 - with that being said, it was unforgiving if your indexing was off, however super fast and accurate when done correctly. I am wondering if you know of any .215 height front sights that are .125 width with a pro glo style front - I feel that would be a superb combination. I have transitioned to mainly RDS equipped handguns, but I am able to almost match my accuracy at distance with the haley sights.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    The most accurate sights I have ever used on a handgun were the haley strategic thirteen sights, the rear notch and front blade are both .125 - with that being said, it was unforgiving if your indexing was off, however super fast and accurate when done correctly. I am wondering if you know of any .215 height front sights that are .125 width with a pro glo style front - I feel that would be a superb combination. I have transitioned to mainly RDS equipped handguns, but I am able to almost match my accuracy at distance with the haley sights.
    Ameriglo sells the pro glo .125 front in various heights, .220 being the tallest

Sorry, no idea!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Hhhhmmm... Been a subscriber to this thread for some time now, so, I guess I might as well contribute.

Well, for my birthday last January my Wife's gift to me was any pistol of my choosing.

So, I opted for the H&K USP Expert 45 (yeah, after having tried a range rental once, I just gotta have it).

Immediately after breaking it from jail, I headed straight to the local indoor range. Did a few dry fires to get the feel of a new trigger. Then went straight for 25-yards. After a few shots to confirm zero, I blasted straight away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfTUHhVkgIc

Wouldn't one be called out for cheating with this pistol (in completely stock form)? Even I was surprised on what it possible...

Cheers,

_
    Last edited by rodralig; 04-18-2018 at 04:47 PM.

A target of significance! My son’s first ever 10 shots on a NRA B8 at 25 Yards. Shot with a Glock 21SF. He is 17.

Attachment 25907

Awesome. I was unaware of these sights. I find Haley annoying, but these look REALLY good.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Awesome. I was unaware of these sights. I find Haley annoying, but these look REALLY good.
    Yeah. I actually just bought another set of them, put them on and they were on par with my red dot accuracy.

Hammertime
    Thanks for the link:

Low in overall height, nice width, allows charging. These check all the boxes I like.

Ruger LCP 1 (gen 2). 25 yds freestyle.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Ruger LCP 1 (gen 2). 25 yds freestyle.

Which you prefer to the G42 correct?

That's pretty cool.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-03-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List