Page 86 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Attachment 29027

One of our IT guys bought this police trade in gen 3 G21 SF and wanted me to detail strip it and look it over.

Carried a lot....shot very little. Worst Glock trigger I ever fired.

Sort of wanting a G41 now to see how they run at 25.

Regards.
    Ummmmm............shut the eff up.

My older eyes won’t allow me to shoot such a group at 25 yds.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post

You sound like a good candidate for an RDS on a pistol.

Site Supporter
    Attachment 29027

One of our IT guys bought this police trade in gen 3 G21 SF and wanted me to detail strip it and look it over.

Carried a lot....shot very little. Worst Glock trigger I ever fired.

Sort of wanting a G41 now to see how they run at 25.

Regards.
    Interesting...I shot a G21 and it had one of the better triggers I've shot in a Glock and it was easier for me to shoot than any of my 1911s with hard fit barrels. Possibly one of the most accurate .45s I've shot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post

I thought the same thing a while back.

I found that my eyesight wasn't the limiting factor: it was my trigger press.

If the lighting is good I can get by with my aging eyes.....if the lighting is poor I can put on some cheap reading glasses underneath some eyepro and I can see that front sight very clear.

Trigger press is where its at.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Interesting...I shot a G21 and it had one of the better triggers I've shot in a Glock and it was easier for me to shoot than any of my 1911s with hard fit barrels. Possibly one of the most accurate .45s I've shot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Not this LE trade in. It's very heavy and overall terrible for a Glock. I've got some extra connectors laying around and plan on giving it a spa treatment.

During firing those ten rounds above, I kept pressing and waiting....pressing and waiting.....pressing......so much that I thought the trigger was dead and something had gone wrong with it. I'd put the weight in the neighborhood of 9-10 pounds. I'm borrowing a scale later this week to see what the average is.

I would guess that with a better trigger and a thinner front sight, I could tighten up the groups some.

My friend at the local range just got a Gen 3 G26, so we took it out for its first shots. Stock, out of the box.

He shot a really nice 54/60 with 3 in the 10 ring. I was hoping I wouldn't embarrass myself and managed a 56/60 with 4 in the 10 ring.

The interesting part to me was where are groups hit. He's a lefty, I shoot right handed. My group was low left and his was high right. Same gun, same target, same distance, same ammo but our groups were about 3 inches from each other.

Name:  7D33E0B3-D2B0-4A14-8821-56205A23F52F.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  37.7 KB

Got a little concerned that I was spending too much time on slow fire B8 repair centers. So today at work, I ran two department timed quals with one target.

First time was center mass.....second qual was head shots only.

Starts at the 25 yard line (10 rounds in 50 seconds five standing/five kneeling) and everything else is 15, 7, 5, and 3 yards.

Still hate my trigger on my issue G17.4. Don't really care for those targets either as I was taught to shoot high center chest and not that low.....but free targets so.....

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 08-18-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    I thought the same thing a while back.

I found that my eyesight wasn't the limiting factor: it was my trigger press.

If the lighting is good I can get by with my aging eyes.....if the lighting is poor I can put on some cheap reading glasses underneath some eyepro and I can see that front sight very clear.

Trigger press is where its at.

Regards.
    These work even better than using readers under your shooting glasses. Feels like cheating. You do have to work out where to attach them to your lens for your eye and shooting style:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrotac-Magn...l+lenses&psc=1
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Hammertime
    Ruger LCR .22. Very enjoyable working the DA trigger.

The back row of lights where out at the indoor range today.

94 Score.

Pistol HK45c …. Stock night sights and so called horrible da/sa trigger.
    I must be the only person who likes the stock trigger.

Had to put a Green Birchwood Casey Target Spot on to help me get a sight picture.
    Name:  0820181330a.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  54.6 KBName:  20180820_161303.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  27.6 KB
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 08-20-2018 at 09:13 PM.

User Tag List