Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Alternate Approach to Pistol Sights

An Alternate Approach to Pistol Sights

Worth a look;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Worth a look;

The ultimate source of this video was (in part) a discussion here on P-F:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ng-your-sights
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The ultimate source of this video was (in part) a discussion here on P-F:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ng-your-sights
    This looks pretty PF influenced, right down to a 20 gauge 1301!

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/s...-review-later/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This looks pretty PF influenced, right down to a 20 gauge 1301!

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/s...-review-later/
    I seem to remember the Chis Baker has an account here @LGChris . I sometimes wonder if the content of his videos is more than coincidence to the discussions here.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    That’s good stuff!
    I remember someone here (maybe it was Ash, who was in the video) try to explain it with text a year or so ago. I “kinda” got it, but the concept didn’t stick.
    The explanation with the visual aides was really helpful. I’ve found that as my uncorrected near-vision has degraded, I’ve evolved to looking “through” the sights (effectively target-focused) while just “observing” the sights while shooting. I guess it took near-vision limitations to teach me to focus on the target. Maybe this video explanation will help others make that adjustment much earlier.
    (Not to say that this video emphasizes target-focused shooting, but it’s kind of implied, and works well with the “rear sight as a windshield” concept.)

That's taking a very long way around the barn to describe what we used to call a flash sight picture.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That's taking a very long way around the barn to describe what we used to call a flash sight picture.
    Maybe… I recall being introduced to the “flash sight picture” at Gunsight in 2003, but don’t remember the emphasis on the rear sight, or using the notch in the rear sight to “scale” how precise the front sight alignment needed to be. Or maybe I spaced out when those elements were described.

I think our very own TC has a video out describing the rear sight as a windshield. really good video I have shared with new shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Maybe… I recall being introduced to the “flash sight picture” at Gunsight in 2003, but don’t remember the emphasis on the rear sight, or using the notch in the rear sight to “scale” how precise the front sight alignment needed to be. Or maybe I spaced out when those elements were described.
    I don't know what it had morphed into by the aughts, but circa 1985 that was pretty much it. I'm not criticizing, but everything is cyclical.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That is the main learning point for me.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List