Page 70 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Shot cold as soon as I stepped on my range today. The group would be more precise with a thinner front, but I use the Ameriglo orange proglo (.140") which makes quite a bit of difference during speed drills.

25 yards - 10/10 - Glock 19 Gen 4

Name:  IMG_0800.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  26.5 KB
    Last edited by GAP; 07-26-2017 at 05:46 PM.

I love this thread.

Slowfire from today, first time with nail polish-blacked out rears. (P30L LEM - as always)

Last edited by SsevenN; 07-29-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    I love this thread.

Slowfire from today, first time with nail polish-blacked out rears. (P30L LEM - as always)
    Stripped the paint off the rears - blocked out rears are not for me. This could have been my PB if I hadn't anticipated the recoil on 2 shots.

Last edited by SsevenN; 07-31-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Went back out with the G43 to do the standard of shootability I do with all my handguns. It is really a test for me. Reasonable body shots (all As) at 50 yards and all shots in the head area at 25. This little gun has potential and a few more range trips we should be there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

GLB,

Nice shooting, what sights are you using on the G43?

Thanks, it has the Glock night sights it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Shot cold as soon as I stepped on my range today. The group would be more precise with a thinner front, but I use the Ameriglo orange proglo (.140") which makes quite a bit of difference during speed drills.

25 yards - 10/10 - Glock 19 Gen 4

Name:  IMG_0800.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  26.5 KB
    Your group looks good for a stock gun.

How are you aiming? It either looks like you are heeling the gun (pushing with your wrist as you pull the trigger) or your sight alignment is slightly off against the target.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Your group looks good for a stock gun.

How are you aiming? It either looks like you are heeling the gun (pushing with your wrist as you pull the trigger) or your sight alignment is slightly off against the target.
    Thanks - More than likely something before/during the trigger pull. I'll have to pay more attention to see if I am doing what you described. I would think the sights are right on since I run the 10 yard "Test" with 3x5 index cards and clear Dot Torture from 7 yards with both this G19 and my G26s.

I have not bench rested any of my Glocks. I generally Sight them freestyle from 10 yards and confirm/slightly adjust from 25.

25 yards can be a little difficult since human error plays a much bigger role. I am not exactly certain how to perfect the process.

Edit to add: I fired a round about every two seconds; I was not taking my time to shoot my absolute best group that I could with unlimited time.
    Last edited by GAP; 08-02-2017 at 09:32 AM.

I try not to go the the range without a plan, I usually try to have something to work on. As uncomfortable as it is I tried changing some thing with my grip today. Though the result is nothing to brag about it is an improvement for me. As you guys know making changes to your grip is often cumbersome and clumsy.

Slow Fire, 1 round every couple of seconds
    Freestyle
    25 YDS
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 08-02-2017 at 12:47 PM.

G43 1 shot from the holster X 10 at 25.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List