Page 175 of 203 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Shot this 100-3x with my new franken gun.
    PSA Dagger complete lower, ZEV duty slide, RM05G, Faxon barrel, Norma 124gr.

Trigger face is flattish, which I am not a fan.

Name:  20211026_143844.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  36.2 KB

This had vertical slide movement during trigger press as the striker is drawn back. Rear of slide is pushed up, along with the dot, correcting visually drives the muzzle down, sending shots a bit low..

My preference is hammer fired guns.
    Taking a break from social media.

Name:  20211107_105127.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  29.5 KB

One of my best standing freestyle groups to date. Called 2 shitters and kept myself out of the hundo club once again.
    Testing a friend's dr920 with the neutral backstrap.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

And with my m2.0 compact direct milled for a 509 right after.

Name:  20211107_110726.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  27.2 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Didn't remember my B8s...but still...the Alchemy Prime definitely has a hundo in it if I didn't suck so bad. The next five saw one go off the black but the others stayed in.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Aww yiss! First hundo at the 20 yard line. Gotta hit a 25 yard range, but I figured if I couldn't do 20, I couldn't do 25. Now I can do 20. This was with that maxxtech 115gr stuff oddly enough. This gun loves 115gr ammo for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Motivation

http://instagram.com/tv/CUNroP7ltFM/

"Cowboy Hat Qual

@defoorproformanceshooting has a standard he pushes. Its a great measure of a shooters skill for precision shots from a pistol. It’s 10 rounds on the buzzer shot on a B8 at 25yds. You must/strive to score a 90 or better, and you must do it in 20 seconds or less.
    After doing that countless times I got to the point where I was regularly scoring high 90’s or Hundos, or could break into 90 regularly under 6 seconds. So this day, I decided to make it harder. I moved the B8 to 50YDS. My intent was to
    try for a 90< in less than 15 seconds. The @nighthawkcustom didn’t disappoint.
    Also, unless you have video evidence otherwise, I’m gonna go ahead and call this the Cowboy Hat Qual world record run. Cause I ain’t never seent it before. And that’s all I got to say about that."

EDIT - that ain't me, just sharing as it is fantastic shooting in the vein of this thread.
    20 seconds or less? Jesus Christ..

How much time are you guys using, those of you posting ten tens?

Site Supporter
    More than 20 seconds.

30 is doable but it’s basically a 10 shot string with one grip vs shooting ten individual shots.

That is 10 individual shots.

Name:  1706BEE5-3220-48F0-9C1D-28DFD9E78B8C.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  29.7 KB

I almost exclusively shoot 10 shot strings and never exceed 30 seconds. I will vary it depending on what I’m attempting to accomplish. Slowfire for me is usually untimed but somewhere between 20-30 seconds. I will also work on speed bulls sub-20 seconds or I will spend entire range sessions just shooting the Defoor hat qual sub-14 seconds with a dot gun. I have also started shooting the Presscheck No Fail a lot more which is 10 one shot draws with a sub-3.5 par time with all shots in the black to pass.

Site Supporter
    Tried my hand at 25 today on my lunch break with a Gen 5 17 that I'm trying to get zeroed. Ameriglo Bolds w/ .190 Height, .125 Width "Thin" Lumigreen Front holding w/ front post top edge cutting the B-8 in half. Either a 91 or 92-2X depending on the low shot breaking the 9 ring or not. Upper shot I'm calling an 8 as the grease ring is the only thing touching the 9 ring line.

First slow fire at 25 yards in a good while and have struggled slightly with consistency with this setup at 10 yards shooting at 1" dots. At 10 it's almost a drive the dot sight picture and probably just me but seems to favor slightly left. Started with a few dry presses at 25 then shot for score. Tried to work on calling shots while running this and generally called the hits - low and high I knew immediately as well as when I was slightly off to the left. Shots called to the right weren't as far off as anticipated. Bulk of the group may be slightly high at 25 but the gun is very capable of shooting better, just need to do my part.

I know it's bad form but I closed my non-dominant eye for this string as I find the thin front sight a little trickier to line up perfectly (equal light) with wider gaps on each side than a .140 front. I dig it for shooting at speed/closer distances though so not looking to switch to the wider front post.

For the guys shooting irons out there, at distance are you guys still shooting both eyes open? Will try again without closing my non-dominant eye at some point and see what shakes loose.

Name:  IMG_1482[1].jpg
Views: 324
Size:  36.7 KB
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Duckysattva View Post
    For the guys shooting irons out there, at distance are you guys still shooting both eyes open?
    All distances, both eyes open.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List