Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2020

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Standing with no support. I’ll do strong hand only as well as both hands. I’ll also add support hand only at 25y but rarely do so at 50y.

50y I typically use both hands and occasionally SHO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    5shots 25yds, but with grip resting on a jacket on the hood of a pickup. WC 1911 elite 45acp, iron sights. Wish I could do half as good offhand as what I’m seeing you guys do! Are y’all standing and shooting that good or is it from a rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang dude...that's really damn good. I only shoot from standing/offhand, but I don't think I've ever put 5 shots sub 1" at 25 yards more than a few times in my life.

Thanks, it’s a great pistol. I wish I could do that standing. I know that’s not going to happen though. I was shooting almost daily when I did that. It was my first time out with that pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Thanks, it’s a great pistol. I wish I could do that standing. I know that’s not going to happen though. I was shooting almost daily when I did that. It was my first time out with that pistol.

Handloads or factory loads?

I’m seeking a factory load for my GCNM

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Handloads or factory loads?

I’m seeking a factory load for my GCNM
    Handloads, cci lp, 230gr fmj Everglades, wst, speer casing

I almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there, with that top right round. It was my last round fired of the string, and it broke weird. Almost like my mind wouldn't let me get 10/10 on the black again. The first 6 rounds were all in the 10 ring, and I guess I got cocky after that. I had fired a few other strings with 8/10 in the black and a couple shanked just outside the black. This was my last slow fire 25 yard string today.

This was my first trip out with a new Apex trigger, installed using the OEM dot connector. I like it a lot for precision slow fire, but I found it a bit harder to shoot at speed than the stock trigger. It may be that I'm just not used to it yet. Jury is still out on if it'll stay in the gun, and I'm going to carry my 26 for a few days while I do a battery change and re-mount the RMR on this 19. The battery has lasted 2 years of daily concealed carry, never being shut off, and it seems like it'd still go a while longer yet, but I know I'm pushing my luck. After the loctite cures, I'll hit the range again Friday and put some more rounds through it to see if I can make up my mind if the Apex is carry worthy. It does work with the SCD.

Colt Mark IV/ Series 70 reproduction.
    Winchester 230 grain RNFP ammo (used to be on sale at Cabelas).
    Old eyes but 1.25 reading glasses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Name:  20240109_145220.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  28.3 KB

Maybe this one will find its way to Caleb...6 shots at 20 yards with a 2" 856....stock except for an aftermarket trigger return spring and Ameriglo front, holding in a "drive the dot" style with my 158gr SWC handloads. Definitely can't do that with my J frame...even when the smith has an Apex kit.

That’ll do.

Name:  CBF8797D-6190-423D-A614-5BECEDF18E90.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  70.6 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

98 3X ... I think this is the best I've done so far.

User Tag List