Page 109 of 202 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2020

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Thanks Joe! What were your times on the 20 and 15 sec stages? I found I really rushed the first time. Even today (better run) I was in the 13's on the 20 sec par stages and 10's on the 15 sec par stages. Of course, I'm using that cheatin' Beretta too
    Over near Fayetteville, NC this weekend my son went out and shot this the first time. He hit 275 with his G19. I thought I'd do better than I did. That's another recurring pattern. After the 48 slowfire - with 4 in 1.5" and 3X and one out in the 8. Then the singles solid at 47. I lost my shit and thought I had him dead to rights. Then ran into the ditch. LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

@ASH556

BTW, yesterday I got a "counseling". KB advised that many shooters (like me) get caught up in the total score but the objective is to get each stage a similar score to work consistency of fundamentals as the shooting task changes.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @ASH556

BTW, yesterday I got a "counseling". KB advised that many shooters (like me) get caught up in the total score but the objective is to get each stage a similar score to work consistency of fundamentals as the shooting task changes.
    That’s good info @JHC thanks for sharing!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

This seems like a good thread to include this new article from Pat Mac.

"Don’t train for what’s most likely to happen based on statistics. Train for the worst-case scenario. A person who can score a 90 or better in a 10-round, slow-fire bullseye drill is more capable of hitting a target past the bullshit 15 feet than that guy who dumps mags at 3 meters. The pistol is accurate to 50 yards. So why not train to its potential?"

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...r29jCgdUA3UJAo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @ASH556

Something, something ... shot process...

Something, something... work the processs....

Didn’t you just post an article on vague book about working the process ? Might be worth posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Something, something ... shot process...

Something, something... work the processs....

Didn’t you just post an article on vague book about working the process ? Might be worth posting here.
    Good catch! Btw this was not really "counseling" per se. I was just funnin'. It was added perspective. I was not assessed any pullups.

https://ryanholiday.net/heres-the-st...xYl97r9AKuQLmM
    Last edited by JHC; 03-19-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Hammertime
    Tried that new drill with the G34 didn’t score each part separately. Liked it.

5 slow
    D1 <4s x 5
    D5<20s x 2
    D5<15s x 2

Total: 263

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Tried that new drill with the G34 didn’t score each part separately. Liked it.

5 slow
    D1 <4s x 5
    D5<20s x 2
    D5<15s x 2

Total: 263

Good start. It's a neat challenge.

I think I will break out full B8s for my next go instead of the backers.

There were already 5 in the "X" from 5yd. I just added 10 more from the 25yd line. Apparently they didn't understand that they were also supposed to go in the "X". Kids these days...

Then I worked this some at 5yds. 9mm circles, one round per circle, 15 reps (a magazine worth). This is hard!

Last edited by ASH556; 03-21-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Today’s attempt w/G17.2 and 124gr AE. 89-3x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List