Page 135 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2026

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I can't do indoors. I specifically went to one last week because I was close enough to go. I would otherwise say I wasted almost $25 bucks, but I'll call it an investment of sorts to say that the lighting and the like just does not agree with my eyesight.
    The indoor range in my area has horrible lighting. The lighting is always oblique, and dramatically pushes my impact, per the old "light pushes the sight" principal.

Site Supporter
    There's a range near me where if you run the targets to the 25 yard line they get blown around by the ventilation fans.

Irritating.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Posted this in my G26 Gen 5 thread, figured I’d add it here. Those two flyers still annoy me, I’ll have to fix that.

Name:  7293662F-CBF1-495E-890B-CD0D8DFC9AD8.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  51.9 KB

Contribution

Name:  IMG_7499.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  71.8 KB

100-6X, cold performance, literally. Was something like 35 degrees, fingers were losing feeling!

Gun groups better with HST but wanted to see what it did with ball. Easily a sub 2" gun at 25YDS!

Stock G19 Gen 5 MOS/FS (needs internals polished)
    RMR06 Type 2
    Federal 124gr. ball
    Forward Controls Design V1 prototype steel RMR plate kit

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by C1-2DG View Post
    Name:  IMG_7499.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  71.8 KB

100-6X, cold performance, literally. Was something like 35 degrees, fingers were losing feeling!

Gun groups better with HST but wanted to see what it did with ball. Easily a sub 2" gun at 25YDS!

Stock G19 Gen 5 MOS/FS (needs internals polished)
    RMR06 Type 2
    Federal 124gr. ball
    Forward Controls Design V1 prototype steel RMR plate kit

S/F
    Excellent shooting! (Cleared for church security duty.) Seriously this is the type of performance you want to see when the background is full of innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Excellent shooting! (Cleared for church security duty.) Seriously this is the type of performance you want to see when the background is full of innocents.
    The incident you're referring to perfectly illustrates my though process when I started pursuing this and began this thread almost 6 years ago. Very glad to see it continuing and others continuing to push for excellence.

Due to intentional choices on my part, I'm about 6 months cold with a pistol. 25yds indoors with a Gen 5 G19 MOS and Ameriglo's. I'll blame the low hold on the lighting and the slight left bias on degrading trigger control. Still gets the job done though and not too far off from where I was when I "quit."

Last edited by ASH556; 01-03-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    The incident you're referring to perfectly illustrates my though process when I started pursuing this and began this thread almost 6 years ago. Very glad to see it continuing and others continuing to push for excellence.

Due to intentional choices on my part, I'm about 6 months cold with a pistol. 25yds indoors with a Gen 5 G19 MOS and Ameriglo's. I'll blame the low hold on the lighting and the slight left bias on degrading trigger control. Still gets the job done though and not too far off from where I was when I "quit."

Outstanding work! Plenty of folks who couldn't lay that score down WITH 6 months of practice. Super impressive.
    Taking a break from social media.

Name:  314BCF4B-896C-41AF-B75E-E5FF6F2C9A56.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  31.6 KB

Finally got my old duty weapon back from a department purchase and installed Defoor sights on it.

Haven't really had a chance to test it out too good but initial shots are promising. Running real low on ammo too.
    Last edited by lwt16; 01-03-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post

Perhaps you just mounted the targets a 'tad' too high. Seriously, nothing on those targets to be upset about, solid performance.

It has always been my supposition that any degradation in performance related to time away from the gun is proportional to your acquired skill level. The higher up you are on the performance curve the better your understanding of process therefore the less you lose and quicker you get it back. Except for that last 1%, that you are always chasing.

A drill on Tim Herron’s IG. 20 Seconds to Suck. From the draw, 10 rounds into a 25 yard B-8 in 20 seconds. He scores 295 in just over 12 seconds, including a reload (because single stack).
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7FhHym...d=heu2ccudl5rq
    Last edited by David S.; 01-09-2020 at 07:24 AM.
    David S.

User Tag List