Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185
Results 1,841 to 1,843 of 1843

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    ^^^IMHO staging a Glock trigger is the path to the dark side.
    Can you elaborate on that?

All my foundational training (mostly through Randy Cain) was consistent application of pressure, not staging the trigger. During a Reston/Jedlinski class a couple years ago, I was introduced to trigger prep/staging in a way that finally clicked with me. Of course, Reston was shooting a Chambers 2011 in class, but I believe he was a Glock guy before retiring, so I'm wondering if his trigger management changed along with his handgun selection.

Then watching a recent Brian Hill video, he was emphatic about keeping the trigger moving and not staging it.

I've also heard it said (probably here on P-F) that trigger staging is a great way to make a 5 pound trigger feel like a 10 pound trigger...

Gear Whore Extraordinaire
    Chasing hundo's with not-quite-glocks(or hundo's). Back to back with 115 ae.

Name:  20220515_100444.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  28.7 KB
    My p80 build.

Name:  20220515_102013.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  28.1 KB
    A friend's dr920.
    Anticipation! It occurred to him that his anticipation was more pleasant to him than his experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Can you elaborate on that?

All my foundational training (mostly through Randy Cain) was consistent application of pressure, not staging the trigger. During a Reston/Jedlinski class a couple years ago, I was introduced to trigger prep/staging in a way that finally clicked with me. Of course, Reston was shooting a Chambers 2011 in class, but I believe he was a Glock guy before retiring, so I'm wondering if his trigger management changed along with his handgun selection.

Then watching a recent Brian Hill video, he was emphatic about keeping the trigger moving and not staging it.

I've also heard it said (probably here on P-F) that trigger staging is a great way to make a 5 pound trigger feel like a 10 pound trigger...
    I agree with the part about a 5lb feeling like 10lb once you stop it. The other thing, especially with Glocks is all the years of bad traing to pin the trigger and shoot from audible reset. In slowfire, I endeavor to shoot my Glocks like a micro double-action. Start the movement and don't stop; while applying ever increasing pressure until it breaks. I also shoot stock triggers. In my opinion, those who chase "better" (usually lighter) triggers on Glocks do so because they're shooting from a "staged" position so it becomes a game of trying to make their Glock feel like a 1911, which it never safely will. This often leads to punching the trigger. A poorly attempted hardware solution to a software problem.

Now, all of this goes out the window when shooting at speed. When I'm shooting .11 and .12 splits, I'm slapping the ever-loving piss out of the trigger, controlling recoil with my grip, and using my eyes as throttle control. If my eyes detect the sights out of alignment with either each other and/or the target, time to throttle back and correct.

I've never trained with Reston or Jedlinski and would hesitate to speak on their training without first-hand experience. However, my experience is that trying to stage, even a lightened Glock trigger will mess you up in the long run. You might get several lucky shots in a row, but long-term, the rolling break is more repeatable as you fatigue and also translates well to other platforms.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List