Page 69 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I like them but often I find two otherwise identical pistols require different holds. I have two G42s and G19s with Defoors and one pistol from each pair requires a center target hold and one requires a bottom of bull hold. It is a little frustrating and I don't know if the issue is Ameriglo or Glock, or maybe my installation?

G43 requires a dead on split the bull hold. One Gen 3 17 is dead on, and this Gen 4 17 requires a low hold.

I can't find any information on front sight height options which is sort of driving me away from Defoors
    Look to Dawson Precision's front sight options if you like the DeFoor rear. You can get different heights to make all of your Glocks hit to the same POA.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Look to Dawson Precision's front sight options if you like the DeFoor rear. You can get different heights to make all of your Glocks hit to the same POA.
    Dawson fiber front and a Defoor rear is exactly what I'm running on a G19 right now. Dawson front is 0.165 T x 0.115 W. POI is split the target in half at 25 yards.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

So it looks like photobucket decided they don't want users anymore, good riddance to that script laden shitshow of datamining and advertising.
    EDIT: Let's see if imgshack is more standup.

Last edited by SsevenN; 07-21-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Does anyone regularly practice with Speer Lawman 115gr? I didn't take a picture because I shot at a really beat up target, but holy crap was that ammo accurate for me. I landed either 14 or 15 shots out of 20 in the X at 25 yards.

I used my carry Glock 19 Gen 4 with Ameriglo Spartan Tactical sights. Next time I go out I'll use a B8 with the same ammo and post a pic.. I couldn't believe it. I normally just buy a case of whatever I can find a deal on, but that display made me consider the extra cost.

I was afraid the wide front/rear combo (140/180) of the Spartan Tacticals would make "longish" range shooting difficult, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Does anyone regularly practice with Speer Lawman 115gr? I didn't take a picture because I shot at a really beat up target, but holy crap was that ammo accurate for me. I landed either 14 or 15 shots out of 20 in the X at 25 yards.

I used my carry Glock 19 Gen 4 with Ameriglo Spartan Tactical sights. Next time I go out I'll use a B8 with the same ammo and post a pic.. I couldn't believe it. I normally just buy a case of whatever I can find a deal on, but that display made me consider the extra cost.

I was afraid the wide front/rear combo (140/180) of the Spartan Tacticals would make "longish" range shooting difficult, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
    I bought a case of it before I bought my current case of AE 115gr. I'll be going back to the Lawman here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post

On GJM's recommendation a couple years ago, I have shot it a lot. 8 cases at least. Very precise training ammo. I've found GECO 124 gr to be a near peer.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm not a strong enough shooter to gauge mechanical accuracy from factory loads, that said yeah every time I shoot anything lawman it seems like a good day.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    I'm not a strong enough shooter to gauge mechanical accuracy from factory loads, that said yeah every time I shoot anything lawman it seems like a good day.
    Basically the same thing here. I seem to have more better days than not with it, could be coincidence. I also like the fact that it's pretty warm stuff at a reasonable price so it's good practice ammo that feels more like self defense ammo.

This is a great thread, I've read through it multiple times since it was started. I've been working on my accuracy the last few range trips. I've often neglected shooting at longer ranges in the past and I'm going to make it a point to do so going forward. I forgot how challenging and fun (and frustrating ) it can be.

Here is a 3x5 card from this past weekend's range trip. Distance was 15 yards. I was pretty happy with it:

I worked my way up to longer distances throughout the session. I was using B8 targets I printed off for most stuff past 15 yards. I had a pretty good one at 20 yards that I forgot to take a pic of before I trashed it.

At the end of the session with 10 rounds left I decided to try 25 yards. I haven't shot at 25 yards much and this was my best attempt so far. I really wasn't expecting much as I had shot about 140 rounds already and was a little fatigued. This 10 round string was all fired at once about 2-3 seconds between shots. If I'm scoring it right it would be a 90 I believe. Nothing to brag about but I'm pretty happy with it:

These were shot with my Gen4 G19. I'm using Ameriglo BOLD sights (.125 front with .165 rear). I'm going to read through the thread again and make some notes on things I can try for improvement. I think one thing is that when shooting at distance I need to slow down and not rush things.

Had some weird issues with vertical alignment today. At least I wasn't pushing them left.

User Tag List