Page 114 of 203 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2024

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Those pictures help tremendously. Will have to give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Back to work with the Beretta. Finished today's session (which consisted of working draw and reload speed) with 10 rounds to a 2" circle at 25yds. First shot DA. After shot 4 or 5 I realized my eyes were fatiguing and I couldn't tell where on the dot I was holding, so I just lollipopped it; hence the 1"ish low group. Still, it's a 2" wide x 4" tall group fired freestyle at 25yds. I'll take it.

I think it's important to not always shoot at B8's when working precision at distance. Varying the shape, size, and color of the target will teach you how to shoot different things and boost your overall skill level.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Tried my hand at Defoor's hat qual today. Used up WAAAAAYY too much time on the first shot and rushed the crap out of the last two. Score passes, time over by .80. I'm not sure if my last 2 were the 8's or not. Probably not though. Work harder and get better.

Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    My first 10 shots after getting my P365 back from Sig = new personal best:

Attachment 37073

91-2x
    What app is that?

My attempt at 25 yards:

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a round, but it might be two rounds by the 9 at 3 o'clock.

My 10 yard warm up:

Ammo was blazer brass 115 gr (the stuff that had the rebate offer recently).

If I want to get serious about this I will probably need to use better ammo, otherwise I'll end up frustrating myself chasing groups that might not be achievable. I'll read through the thread tomorrow (or as much of it as I can) but if there are suggestions or tips, I'd like to hear/read.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    What app is that?
    Range buddy: https://rangebuddyhelp.appspot.com/

For the setup:
    9mm bullets are 0.355"
    B8 black circle is 5.54"
    B16 black circle is 5.32"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    What app is that?

My attempt at 25 yards:

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a round, but it might be two rounds by the 9 at 3 o'clock.

My 10 yard warm up:

Ammo was blazer brass 115 gr (the stuff that had the rebate offer recently).

If I want to get serious about this I will probably need to use better ammo, otherwise I'll end up frustrating myself chasing groups that might not be achievable. I'll read through the thread tomorrow (or as much of it as I can) but if there are suggestions or tips, I'd like to hear/read.
    Speer Lawman has been noted as an accurate factory ammo by GJM and others. I'm currently running through the last couple of cases of that.

Cycling out my carry ammo, 124 +P HST, from my P365. Seems very consistent until I start flinching - I must have thrown 2 way low:

Name:  20190412_135453.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  27.0 KB
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 04-12-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Beretta 92G. 124 gr Lawman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food Court Apprentice

Here is something different. My son's target from yesterday. He is the top shooter in his Police Cadet Post. On May 4 he will be competing at Stations Day against many other Posts at the CT Police Academy. This is the target they use. The competition scores per the following: everything in the grey is a hit, the X-ring is used as a tie breaker. Last year new to the Cadets he took 3rd overall out of 400ish. This year I think he stands a good chance of winning the competition.

The distances are written on the left side of the target all in yards. We had the range to ourselves until the 20 yard and 25 yard lines. We were shooting this as a walkback from 25 yards down range so we hurried through the last two firing points and I did not record the score for each spot. I did the math after and he scored 5 more X's between the 20 & 25 yard line. A total of 31/40 possible X's.

Shot with Speer Lawman ammo 115 gn. & a Gen 5 G17.

Name:  IMG_2014.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  56.7 KB

User Tag List