Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I was the range yesterday and decided to walk it back to 50 yards and do some standing offhand. The results were solid, since I havenít shot at real long ranges in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/29976677006...3444682365585/

Beretta 92 with American Eagle 147 grain, and for a better shot of the target hereís this:

Attachment 31924

Obviously 20-something seconds is basically an eternity, so I had all the time in the world to clean up my sight picture and fuck with my grip in between shots. If I was seriously training for Bianchi Cup the par time is 6 shots in 15 seconds, which is a lot less time and I have to take better steps to manage recoil.
    Excellent work! From the looks of your picture you were shooting COM on a backer. Some might prefer a high contrast reference point to use as an aiming point. There you have to be careful what you ask for because the urge to perfect a sight picture may outweigh sight alignment. Good solid sight alignment and a trigger press that does not disturb the sights wins every time as evidenced in your target.

Sighting my practice Shadow2 at 25. Looks like itís drifted a bit high.

"BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You donít really graduate from certain problems or certain thingsÖ like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Excellent work! From the looks of your picture you were shooting COM on a backer. Some might prefer a high contrast reference point to use as an aiming point. There you have to be careful what you ask for because the urge to perfect a sight picture may outweigh sight alignment. Good solid sight alignment and a trigger press that does not disturb the sights wins every time as evidenced in your target.
    Iíd much rather shoot at something like a B8 or an NRA Action Pistol target at 50 yards than a plain IDPA target. The high contrast reference point makes getting hits easier. I just happened to have nothing but IDPA targets at the range yesterday.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

Iíd much rather shoot at something like a B8 or an NRA Action Pistol target at 50 yards than a plain IDPA target. The high contrast reference point makes getting hits easier. I just happened to have nothing but IDPA targets at the range yesterday.
    I completely understand. However for some it is a double edged sword. They think it is easier yet they get obsessed with sight picture at the expense of sight alignment which negatively impacts outcome.
    Last edited by JohnO; 11-01-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Best I could manage today with the P30 V4.1. Had some guy doing mag dumps at 7 beside me the whole time which made concentration difficult. Called 2 of the three fliers to the left as soon as I broke the shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  9B715D32-3A58-48B2-A456-D3C4F31E2887.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  80F0E22C-968C-4A4F-8E4C-1BF3FDF89CFB.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  28.6 KB

Second target was 25 rounds from 25 yards. Iím trying that at my club range when I canít walk down and put up fresh targets as a courtesy to other members firing.

Donít want to be ďthat guyĒ who asks to go cold ten times an hour. Lol

Name:  3C789001-756D-4DC3-88A7-88E66108D28C.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  B566DFBF-0C46-473D-A0F8-CB691C397CBF.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  29.4 KB

Moved it to the 50. Going to start working on that now.

And ignore ď127 grainĒ......124 fmj Speer factory seconds.

I was the range yesterday and decided to walk it back to 50 yards and do some standing offhand. The results were solid, since I havenít shot at real long ranges in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/29976677006...3444682365585/

Beretta 92 with American Eagle 147 grain, and for a better shot of the target hereís this:

Attachment 31924

Obviously 20-something seconds is basically an eternity, so I had all the time in the world to clean up my sight picture and fuck with my grip in between shots. If I was seriously training for Bianchi Cup the par time is 6 shots in 15 seconds, which is a lot less time and I have to take better steps to manage recoil.
    SPECTACULAR!!!
    "I realized all the mindset talk was useless without action and that with action, all the mindset talk was unnecessary." - Mike Pannone

This was a magazine with no time limit, setting the gun down after 5 round sets. My proudest moment was calling the miss low left as the shot left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like 2405 North Parkway's range, Babypanther. Good shooting!

I need to run by there one Tuesday and hang some B8s up. Haven't shot there in years.

Regards.

User Tag List