Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PA State Police and SIG P227R

PA State Police and SIG P227R

Looks like the P227 is gaining in popularity: http://www.emarketplace.state.pa.us/...SID=6100029421

We bought one to evaluate. Let as many people shoot it as wanted to. Those who chose to shoot it overwhelmingly preferred the 226/229 option.

Too bad the new 226s we got have QC issues. 4 outta 30 have been kittened up and needed to be sent back to Sig.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

One of my Captains flagged me down Friday, asking about the P227. He had received an email from a Sig rep trying to outfit us with them since another local agency just ordered them. Sig is pushing them hard it seems. In comparison to the M&P 45's we have had for about 3 years now they don't seem to offer any advantages, to me anyway. They have the same exact capacity and weigh a few ounces more.

I'm sure they are a fine weapon but I don't see any advantages to this pistol over our current issued pistol.

Although I own one, I wouldn't recommend it to my agency based solely on ammo costs. Besides, our new sidearms are less than a year old, so it will be a long while before we are buying.

PA has been changing guns as much or more than Indiana. They started out with 9mms, went to .40, then to .45GAP because "stopping power", now I hear they are in .45acp unless my memory is failing me, again.

I need to find out who is going to sell their G21 trade-ins...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    PA has been changing guns as much or more than Indiana.
    And speaking of Indiana… how are THEIR P227s working out?

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    I need to find out who is going to sell their G21 trade-ins...
    Nobody,45 GAP

Dammit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a PA resident and taxpayer I would like to say kitten the PSP. They just like to waste our money. Whoever is in charge of this is either taking bribes or an ignorant sucker for a flashy sales pitch. Also, the PSP maintains an illegal registry of handguns in PA. Seriously, kitten the PSP.

User Tag List