Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I went insane this week

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    You sling any lead down range with that 681 yet?
    This weekend durin class.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    So I have been on a revolver kick as of late and really going back to my roots. I ended up with a PC681 4" Quad Port(1 of 50) and a PC 681 3" with the unfluted cylinder that is a two tone Green and Black Birdsong finish.
    Just for the record, I hate you.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Just for the record, I hate you.
    While you are hating, I need your expertise. The 2.5" 686 I just picked up does not take round butt k frame grips correctly. The grip seems at a little different angle, and it is a little "shorter" front to rear at the top of the back strap (essentially a gap between the grip and frame at the top if you can even get grips on). Did the Horton guns ever have a weird frame size that you recall? It is a factory grip frame and has not been modified.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Did the Horton guns ever have a weird frame size that you recall?
    Not to my knowledge, no. Whose stocks are you using?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

While you are hating, I need your expertise. The 2.5" 686 I just picked up does not take round butt k frame grips correctly. The grip seems at a little different angle, and it is a little "shorter" front to rear at the top of the back strap (essentially a gap between the grip and frame at the top if you can even get grips on). Did the Horton guns ever have a weird frame size that you recall? It is a factory grip frame and has not been modified.
    Was the 2.5 barrel factory? I would only expect that problem from a square to round frame conversion that wasn't done properly, but I would be stunned if there are many square frame 2.5s out there.

-shooter

Not all grip frames are made equal. Several of the custom grip makers claim that the grip frames of S&W revolvers vary and may require hand fitting.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

It's a factory....... Or the best conversion ever.
    Tried Hogue's, uncle mikes boots, altamonts, the Pachmyer presentation compacts that were on it are close but not quit right. I think I ll try some squares and see how they fit at the top.

Well, I figured it out. The grip frame is probably bent a little towards the trigger guard. It is essentially straighter up and down and about an 1/8" forward at the base from a typical RB K frame. Because its closer, any of the grips that fill behind the trigger guard just don't fit right. The initial solution will be some nice RB Magna's and probably some custom G-10 Godzilla grips. I have a feeling that some miscreant in Puerto Rico got pistol whipped with this thing with the rear base of the grip hitting a skull. There is no physical indication at all of an issue or scars.
    On the positive side. The gun has a GREAT "duty" action. Buttery smooth. It also shoots good although the sights need some adjustment (they were cranked all the way down, so it shot low). Also, the 3" Model 10-3 is a lifetime keeper. It is that good. It looks like it had maybe a box of ammunition through it in its lifetime. Someone may have left it in a holster that was wet as it has some ugly along the length of the outside portion of one chamber of the cylinder and along the top strap above the cylinder (not rust, may have been soda or something that discolored the blueing). I am thinking very hard about this going to Robar for NP3 Plus.

Additionally, the PC 681 4" Quad port is as I thought it would be. Really accurate, super light recoil, and as I said before.....It would be the perfect duty revolver for a LEO. Unfortunately, the days of revolver armed LEO's is long past. It was also weird loading 7 rounds instead of 6. I should get the 3" this week, and that one will see some carry and shooting.

It was also weird loading 7 rounds instead of 6.
    I know, right?

HKS makes a speedloader, and somebody makes eight round speed strips. I felt like I was being unfaithful to somebody, using that HKS. But it works… after a fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I know, right?

HKS makes a speedloader, and somebody makes eight round speed strips. I felt like I was being unfaithful to somebody, using that HKS. But it works… after a fashion.

HKS? Slumming it. The 681 came with 5 SL Variant loaders.

User Tag List