Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: I went insane this week

If it was a PC 3" 629-3 instead of the newer 8, I would have burned a card down.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post

I just got off the phone with Robar and the M10 will be going to the spa for an awesome treatment. .
    I intend to put the M-12 in with the HK45C at Birdsong's. But your pal in Houston advises that's he's so backed up he's not taking any new work at this time; so the 45C facelift will be on hold for the time being.

You going dark, or light, with the M-10?

Check your PM...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I intend to put the M-12 in with the HK45C at Birdsong's. But your pal in Houston advises that's he's so backed up he's not taking any new work at this time; so the 45C facelift will be on hold for the time being.

You going dark, or light, with the M-10?

Check your PM...

Light. NP3 Plus all the way around on this one. Stippled rear back strap and remove the hammer spur while its out of the gun.

If you are interested, I know that Robar will also stipple polymer frames. They could do your HK45C like mine (mine is the coyote one they have been using for advertising). PM me for a POC at Robar that can give you a solid rundown.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Local guy has a model 10 in good shape for sale, 4" gun. Wants $350, which seems pretty decent on price. After seeing DB's 3" model 10 I am thinking about buying this one and having the barrel cut down.

So it continues.............Picked up the Lew Horton 681 3" Performance Center gun with the green and black Birdsong treatment. It may have the best trigger I have ever felt in a street gun (it actually is like a competition revolver trigger). This thing is getting carried a lot-period. The 3" Model 10-10 Brazilian contract overrun is also enroute (very rare and the best looking of the model 10's...).

Last Tuesday I stopped at my favorite gun shop, Jackson Armory in Dallas. I fondled a fully Weldon Bledsoe engraved model 10-5 snub that is likely a retired Texas Rangers gun (It has Texas Ranger engraved down the back strap). It was stupid expensive, BUT with some detective work to establish provenance, it could have been a great score. It was a crap shoot and a gamble. I decide to take some safe queens in for a trade in.

I had them pull out the 10-5 and also grab the PRE-27 Nickel 3.5" .357 Magnum with real Ivory grips. I spent an hour going back and forth and decided to play the "sure thing". The 3.5" .357 Magnum N frame is by far my favorite handgun of all time. I decided to get the PRE-27 with the Ivory (S serial number......cause Tam says that's good) and have it engraved myself. This will make my Blue 3.5" Model 27 with an N serial number and fake ivory a user. Should be a nice pair with one to shoot and carry, and one to look good wearing and to make Tam jealous (along with a few others). I have a couple of bespoke Hank Sloan holsters in process as well to best match each gun. If I ever Open Carry, it will be done with class and sophistication.

Who is doing your Hank Sloan holsters?

So jealous. Jackson Armory is the best KITTENED gunstore in Dallas. I grew up in Big-D but never went in there until late last year when visiting the family. My wife went in with me and they were having a Christmas party and her response was, "Oh my gawd. I have to get you out of here NOW!" Rare books AND rare guns? Yes...I was having a difficult time not blowing our entire retirement/savings funds right there on the spot. If I ever get back in Death Dealer™ biz, I want to a shop like Jackson Armory.

-Rob

It was sort of a "note to self...don't hit guys with these new fangled polymer guns, they suck".
    Great line!

A female officer I once trained recently made do with a polymer pistola and actually did just fine with it. It was a heavy duty H&K though, so maybe the heavier polymer and steel USP 45 made it a little more effective than the Glock. Or maybe the evil doer was just a little bit weaker. Anyway, it worked.

But yeah, a Colt New Service or a 681 would've probably been even better.

So it continues.............Picked up the Lew Horton 681 3" Performance Center gun with the green and black Birdsong treatment. It may have the best trigger I have ever felt in a street gun (it actually is like a competition revolver trigger). This thing is getting carried a lot-period. The 3" Model 10-10 Brazilian contract overrun is also enroute (very rare and the best looking of the model 10's...).

Last Tuesday I stopped at my favorite gun shop, Jackson Armory in Dallas. I fondled a fully Weldon Bledsoe engraved model 10-5 snub that is likely a retired Texas Rangers gun (It has Texas Ranger engraved down the back strap). It was stupid expensive, BUT with some detective work to establish provenance, it could have been a great score. It was a crap shoot and a gamble. I decide to take some safe queens in for a trade in.

I had them pull out the 10-5 and also grab the PRE-27 Nickel 3.5" .357 Magnum with real Ivory grips. I spent an hour going back and forth and decided to play the "sure thing". The 3.5" .357 Magnum N frame is by far my favorite handgun of all time. I decided to get the PRE-27 with the Ivory (S serial number......cause Tam says that's good) and have it engraved myself. This will make my Blue 3.5" Model 27 with an N serial number and fake ivory a user. Should be a nice pair with one to shoot and carry, and one to look good wearing and to make Tam jealous (along with a few others). I have a couple of bespoke Hank Sloan holsters in process as well to best match each gun. If I ever Open Carry, it will be done with class and sophistication.
    I have a soft spot for 3" K-frames.

But I want to see that 3.5" .357

Have a couple pictures of Nyetis nickel 3 1/2" Pre-27, looks like a really nice one!

Ah… such five-screw goodness.

If that isn't a BBQ gun, then I've never seen one.

User Tag List