Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: G34 (and other long-slide pistols) recoil muzzle wobble: Am I doing it wrong?

Every time I think I know something about slide lengths, or weight, I prove myself wrong. Just a few days ago, I saw this forlorn direct milled G3 34 slide sitting on my bench, and on the other side of the bench a DeltaPoint Pro. I mated them, took them to the range, and to my surprise, found them to be an incredible shooting combination. Everything I thought about shorter slides and red dots went out the window. Probably gets down to something as sophisticated as what we had for breakfast that day!

Name:  DE3D29BB-0BA5-41E5-A702-2FC132F999DB.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  94.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Them long slides run smoove don't they? I have a Gen4 G35 (along with a KKM 9mm conversion barrel) that I occasionally think of selling off, but when I shoot it, it makes me smile. Too, that pistol, in .40, is my "bear gun" so there's that...

@GJM - Hey, does switching between pistols with varying grip angles (Glock vs. PDP for instance) create any difficulty with finding the dot for you?
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Them long slides run smoove don't they? I have a Gen4 G35 (along with a KKM 9mm conversion barrel) that I occasionally think of selling off, but when I shoot it, it makes me smile. Too, that pistol, in .40, is my "bear gun" so there's that...

@GJM - Hey, does switching between pistols with varying grip angles (Glock vs. PDP for instance) create any difficulty with finding the dot for you?
    My support finger on the front of the trigger guard, and how I place my strong hand on the back strap, makes them all point about the same for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have an irrational attachment to my G34. I mostly chalk it up to placebo effect, but I'll take it.

After my cancer recovery I struggled with grip strength. I was shooting a G34 and I was having a side-to-side wobble issue. I switched to a CZ P10 and found that the slightly smaller, rounder, grip worked better for me than the squarish Glock grip.

User Tag List