Thread: Cominolli Glock Thumb Safety

Cominolli Glock Thumb Safety

Greetings,

Does anyone have any experience with the Cominolli thumb safety for Glocks? How positive is the safety engagement? Is it similar to a 1911?

Thank you in advance.

**I am not interested in debating the merits of the modification or being told to just buy a S&W M&P or "just keep your finger off the trigger" etc. etc.... I'm looking into modifying an existing Glock, and prefer a 1911-style thumb safety for the application I have in mind.**
    Last edited by Gewehr3; 06-26-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    Greetings,

Does anyone have any experience with the Cominolli thumb safety for Glocks? How positive is the safety engagement? Is it similar to a 1911?

Thank you in advance.

** I'm looking into modifying an existing Glock, and prefer a 1911-style thumb safety for the application I have in mind.**
    What application? I hate to be that guy, but you probably won't find an answer here as there was a thread a while back titled "What you do to your Glocks" or something like that, and this feature was never mentioned. I have read several reviews other places though, and users said, if properly installed, it was a very positive safety, not as soft as the M&P.

Best advice I can give you idyll buy one and try it out. Wish I could help u more.

I'd love to see more user feedback on these. Glocks today offer pretty much everything from the factory I'm looking for in a pistol. Except this option.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Greetings,

Thank you in advance.

**I am not interested in debating the merits of the modification or being told to just buy a S&W M&P or "just keep your finger off the trigger" etc. etc.... I'm looking into modifying an existing Glock, and prefer a 1911-style thumb safety for the application I have in mind.**
    You might want to rummage around in Ayoob's articles from the past few years, it seems I recall him writing about it or perhaps using it on a carry pistol.

I plan to use the Glock as a BUG mounted on body armor. I found an installer of Cominolli safeties locally. I searched other forums. The discussions went way off track.

I plan to use the Glock as a BUG mounted on body armor. I found an installer of Cominolli safeties locally. I searched other forums. The discussions went way off track.
    I carry a Glock like this @ times too. Do you just prefer a manual safety or is there a reason you need one, as in the gun won't be in a holster? I'm just trying to gain perspecive.

Sir,

The safety is just my preference. I'm a long-time 1911 shooter, and have come to appreciate its thumb safety. If I wasn't already heavily invested in the Glock platform, I'd probably just buy a M&P.

When I carried a duty pistol that had a safety I carried it safety on, for the weapon retention aspects that Ayoob has written about some often.

I'm down with that concept, sorry I have no experience with that modification.

User Tag List