Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dry-Fire

I have measured various rounds before and after 10, 20, up to 50 chamberings from slide lock and none have ever set back. After 20 or so there is a measurable difference in the hollow point opening, so that being said, if I dry fire my carry gun, I don't worry too much. I typically use one of my other M&P's to dry fire though, so this is much less of an issue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Orion - I appreciate your input. To further clarify Dr. Robert's statement that I mentioned you can read it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I don't work on shooting speed (splits) during dry fire. I work on marksmanship (sights and trigger) and manipulations. If you specifically want to work on reset, I would manually rack the slide with the trigger held in the rear position.

Exception, of course, is when I'm using my SIRT which has a self-resetting trigger. But even then, much like working with a .22 kit, it is important not to get too dialed in on multiple shot strings because it's too easy to let your grip get sloppier than you can afford when you go back to shooting full power ammo.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Orion - I appreciate your input. To further clarify Dr. Robert's statement that I mentioned you can read it here.
    Yes, but for my particular instance I will maybe rechamber the same round once or twice every 6 months. Out of the gun and into a different mag or a marked box. Given what my particular guns do and the frequency at which I do so, I am not overly concerned, but I am aware. This is one of the reasons I had to do all the Apex crap to more guns so I could dry fire without the hassle.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Integrity counts.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-06-2011 at 08:14 AM.

User Tag List