Thread: Editing & Quoting

Editing & Quoting

What is the secret to editing? Every time I try it, I can make my changes but nothing happens when I hit the post icon. And, a number of times that I have attempted to quote someone, it tries to quote a completely different post.

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    What is the secret to editing? Every time I try it, I can make my changes but nothing happens when I hit the post icon. And, a number of times that I have attempted to quote someone, it tries to quote a completely different post.
    Can you describe what the issue is and what buttons you're clicking? I hit the 'reply with quote' at the bottom of the post I want to quote, then hit "edit post" and "save" when I finish editing...like now.
    Mike

Exactly as you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Exactly as you describe.
    Do you have any popup blockers running that might be interfering with it?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mnealtx View Post
    Do you have any popup blockers running that might be interfering with it?
    Worked fine this time. I am using an IPad.

We are diminished
    ranburr -- If it happens again, any details (or screen shots) you can provide would be helpful. We've had no similar reports. Between us, the Staff uses both PCs and Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Androids to access the forum. We'll certainly try to help identify whatever causes the problem on a user's system if we can.

Thanks, i will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    ranburr -- If it happens again, any details (or screen shots) you can provide would be helpful. We've had no similar reports. Between us, the Staff uses both PCs and Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Androids to access the forum. We'll certainly try to help identify whatever causes the problem on a user's system if we can.
    And Linux
    #RESIST

User Tag List