Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw a bullet go through exact same hole

Saw a bullet go through exact same hole

I was SO for Maryland State IDPA Sanctioned Match for Stage 4. I was running a shooter who I saw put a second round through the exact same hole. Upon examination you could not tell (without a magnifying glass) that the second round had gone through. But I saw the shooter line up his second shot and I saw the target virbrate at the same location where the first round had hit. The target was an IDPA paper target at about 9 yards. Upon inspection the hole was a tiny bit oval, but normally I would have not called it a hit.

I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it myself. But with tens of thousands of rounds going downrange and master level shooters it is bound to happen sometime.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I did the same thing the other week while shooting Dot Torture. The only way you could tell that a second round had passed through was from the significantly darker grease ring.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapawhatsit
    One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

I have seen it a number of times now when shooting RDS equipped pistols.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I get perfect doubles all the time, the dumb RO just keeps calling them Alfa/mike.

Last year I shot an IDPA match in which a shooter kept arguing that his misses were perfect doubles. I don't know if he meant to be funny or serious, but he kept doing it. Finally, one of the other guys on the squad offered him $100 if he could shoot a perfect double on demand. The claims stopped.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'm a lousy shot and thought I'd blown a round completely off the backer today in Dot Torture, despite having seen the sights lift on what looked like a good clean hit, until I noticed that one of the holes in dot #4 was ever so slightly ovoid. It happens. I'll bet the guy in the OP couldn't do it on purpose on a bet.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I've seen it several times and have done it a few times, myself.

Nope not once...I believe every bullet needs it's own hole...it the Obama craze these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I had this happen at the PNTC USPSA match just yesterday. One hole in the target, I fired twice and saw the front sight lift off twice. I wouldn't have called it a double myself, but upon close inspection the hole was a tiny bit ovaled out, and showed two distinct grease rings. It can happen.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I have done it shooting Bullseye with very accurate .45 ACP target pistols.
    Usually on the short line (25 yards).

Not too many times, but I have done it.
    Sometimes I didn't realize until a scorer at a match picked one up.

User Tag List