Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saw a bullet go through exact same hole

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Seems... subjective
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It is.
    Just to be clear: Everyone works to be as objective and fair as possible. I have only ever met one SO that I thought was biased. Not going to say who it is, and I have shot dozens of sanctioned matches.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I've discovered that quoting the "benefit of the doubt goes to the shooter" rule usually gets my doubles called as a miss on one. There are good SO's and there are folks that have an SO certification and an attitude... It's a good thing I don't care about being competitive anymore.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    I did that in an IDPA match on a close target. Bang, bang - and there was one hole! Darn - bang - still one hole. The SO is cracking up - he said : You've put two through the original. Now why didn't the SO see that last Saturday when on a very long distance target with two shots there was one perfect zero hole? Hmm?

Actually, on one target there were three touching. Don't ask about the other target - that guy went off to get a beer.

Must be going around; I did it on the first ring of Dot Torture today from five yards. I can't prove it, and there's almost no ovoid shape to the hole, but I called that shot a good hit and I'd have had to miss the entire backer, because it was clean.

Reminds me of shooting bows with my cousin when I was a kid; we'd proudly tell people we split arrows from time to time. We felt it went without saying that we weren't aiming at the arrows, just shooting a lot of them into a fairly small target . . . so we didn't mention it.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

User Tag List