Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor situational awareness, 2 bad guys and "Where's my gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Facebook thread where the perp that wasn't shot promised retribution was comical.........
    Indeed. I had him figured as a Rhodes scholar, based on his superb grammar and colorful use of contemporary urban vernacular.

I'm sure the DA will get a kick out of reading it as well, if they opt to charge him.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 06-27-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I agree with everything you said in your post but I went to the Shivworks website and could not find that video. Is it still for sale? do you have a link to the page?

Thanks
    It's available here:
    http://www.moaarmory.com/details.php?prodId=37

I highly recommend it, also.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Indeed. I had him figured as a Rhodes scholar, based on his superb grammar and colorful use of contemporary urban vernacular.
    Indeed.

#RESIST

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I agree with everything you said in your post but I went to the Shivworks website and could not find that video. Is it still for sale? do you have a link to the page?

Thanks
    I bought mine here:

http://www.moaarmory.com/details.php?prodId=37

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    $40 seems a little steep to me. What's your opinion on the bang for the buck factor? I'd much rather attend in person, I think everybody would, and hope to in the future but a little primer would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    TC, make sure to watch out for pre-assault cues like women wanting to groom your luscious hair.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post

I'm sure the DA will get a kick out of reading it as well, if they opt to charge him.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    $40 seems a little steep to me. What's your opinion on the bang for the buck factor? I'd much rather attend in person, I think everybody would, and hope to in the future but a little primer would be nice as well.
    The $40 DVD is a tenth of the $400 price of the ECQC class.
    The DVD is about 1:30 hours
    ECQC is 20 hours of instruction

I've watched the MUC DVD a few times now, and am still getting my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    The $40 DVD is a tenth of the $400 price of the ECQC class.
    The DVD is about 1:30 hours
    ECQC is 20 hours of instruction

I've watched the MUC DVD a few times now, and am still getting my money's worth.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

SNarcs Practical Unarmed Combat (PUC)is also excellent and applicable in this guys case for MUC. great buy IMO. agreed, us "gun people" tend to rely too heavily on having a gun and often overlook other aspects of personal defense. We often get into trouble because we dont follow our "gut instinct" or try and convince ourselves that "this cant be happening". the detective commenting on the video even states that the "victim", "was feeling real uncomforatble and sat in the car..." unfortunately he chose to get out therafter for whatever reason, not following his gut and is lucky it didnt turn out worse. the book, Gift of Fear, by Gavin DeBecker is an excellent read and another great resource regarding how doing something as simple as following how you are feeling about a situation may save your life. also check out the book, What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro(ex FBI and conisdered a pioneer in the art of reading body language). SNarc also touches upon body language in PUC video and it closely mimics the thoughts and observations in Navarros book. No situational awareness, ignoring body language and not going with gut feeling = recipe for disaster, gun or no gun ,IMHO.

User Tag List