Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor situational awareness, 2 bad guys and "Where's my gun?"

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    $40 seems a little steep to me. What's your opinion on the bang for the buck factor? I'd much rather attend in person, I think everybody would, and hope to in the future but a little primer would be nice as well.
    I say this with absolute seriousness: It is the best $40.00 investment you can make if your goal is self defense.

The presentation is a clear, concise, and eminently useful in giving you the lowdown on how criminals work and how to avoid being their unwitting victim. I personally used the principles presented in MUC on a dude who attempted a strong arm robbery on me Christmas Eve of 2010. It. Works.

If you don't already have a plan (or if your plan hasn't been reality checked) on dealing with unknown contacts, it's a simple set of easily mastered techniques that can make the difference between diffusing an intended attack and having to fight your way out of one that's in progress.

If you're amenable, send me your address in a PM and I'll mail you my copy so you can watch before you buy.

I don't buy training DVD's...but I bought this one within half an hour of learning of its existence. There's a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I say this with absolute seriousness: It is the best $40.00 investment you can make if your goal is self defense.
    I couldn't think of a better recommendation than that! Thanks TC and PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

The presentation is a clear, concise, and eminently useful in giving you the lowdown on how criminals work and how to avoid being their unwitting victim. I personally used the principles presented in MUC on a dude who attempted a strong arm robbery on me Christmas Eve of 2010. It. Works.

If you don't already have a plan (or if your plan hasn't been reality checked) on dealing with unknown contacts, it's a simple set of easily mastered techniques that can make the difference between diffusing an intended attack and having to fight your way out of one that's in progress.

If you're amenable, send me your address in a PM and I'll mail you my copy so you can watch before you buy.

I don't buy training DVD's...but I bought this one within half an hour of learning of its existence. There's a reason for that.
    That's good enought for me order placed! Thanks

We are diminished
    I do not consider myself a shy wallflower, and I've heard awareness/avoidance lessons from well over a dozen genuinely qualified and intelligent instructors.

The two hours of MUC I got at last year's Rangemaster Tactical Conference were incredibly eye opening.

Videos are great. But, I find them to be better as a refresher after I have taken the actual course. SothNarc's ECQC is well wort the investment and it will add value to any video. I do a few things to try to make myself less of a victim when getting gas ( a time most are very vulnerable). I drive a crew cab diesel truck (think big), my vehicle choice limits someone from just walking right up on me without being seen. Also, since it is a diesel, I normally stay in my vehicle with the engine running while pumping the fuel automatically, (if need be, I can drive out of an attack). Finally, I usually try to take my dog with me when I can. I have discovered that people who have no fear of guns or knives are often terrified of large, intimidating dogs.

Smile

Recieved my video on Saturday and have watched it. WOW!! that was the best video for self defense I have ever watched. In the last part he shows just a couple of moves that are better than the years of TAE KWON DO training that I have had. It was very well done. I think live training (as always) is better, but until you can make a class (this will be on my short list for the future) this thing is great. I have even gotten my wife to look at part of it (mainly because of Irish's videos from the other thread http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...e-Grooming-Cue) and has her thinking more defensively. Thanks for making me aware of such valuable information. I will look forward to having SouthNarc kick my butt in the future.

Ditto and thanks to the folks recommending the DVD. Got mine today, excellent shipping by the vendor. Also picked up the handgun 1 DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Ditto and thanks to the folks recommending the DVD. Got mine today, excellent shipping by the vendor. Also picked up the handgun 1 DVD.
    Once you watch the Handgun I DVD, can you do a review?

Roger, wilco.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    I've watched the first 1/2 of the video so far and would recommend it as well. Some good info discussed.

User Tag List