Page 85 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I've really gone the other way. While some great bourbons can be had for not much money, even very nice bourbons don't have that large a spectrum of flavors. They have to taste like bourbon is supposed to taste.

But scotch, well, there are peaty scotches, oaky scotches, fruity scotches, earthy scotches... there's just so much more potential breadth of flavor on the higher end.
    You are most correct on the scotch. I had long ago settled on the peaty scotch, so not that much variation these days. Some days it’s Ardbeg, some will be Blanton’s/Eagle Rare/Basil Hayden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Finally found Buffalo Trace again! It has seemingly disappeared from Central Florida in the last 6 months.

...and a few other flavors to add to the cabinet.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    That was me the last time i found it hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuin View Post
    You are most correct on the scotch. I had long ago settled on the peaty scotch, so not that much variation these days. Some days it’s Ardbeg, some will be Blanton’s/Eagle Rare/Basil Hayden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I also have settled on the peaty scotch. My favorites so far are Lagavulin 16 and Talisker 10.

I still enjoy my high proof bourbons though. The bottles I usually buy are from 100 proof (BIB) up to 130+ proof.

My favorite scotch is the Macallan, aged in the sherry casts.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    My favorite scotch is the Macallan, aged in the sherry casts.
    I love that stuff as well! If you have an opportunity, you might try Glendronach. They have a 15-year-old that is aged in sherry casks that is really tasty. I hope you find it, I think you will enjoy it.

Found some Buffalo Trace this week. My store was out of the Weller’s but they had this marked one per customer. So I snagged one. They also had the Goose Island beer aged in bourbon barrels for $12.50 a bottle (of which I did not buy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Buffalo Trace has been our go-to bourbon this week.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

First impression is it is very nice. Very smooth. I like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Buffalo Trace has been our go-to bourbon this week.
    www.hero911.org

I do remember when Buffalo Trace was being introduced in Texas, back in the early 2000's. It usually went on sale for about $17 a bottle.

Ten years ago, I would buy a couple of cases at Christmas time, and give each on of the minions a bottle asa Christmas bonus.

It boggles the mind at what has happened to Bourbon in the last few years. And Suntory (which owns Jim Beam Brands) announced a month ago there were inventing a billion dollars in the US to increase their capacity here. Stills, rickhouses, grain farms, etc.

Un-real.

Unreal is right. This one was $44 a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I do remember when Buffalo Trace was being introduced in Texas, back in the early 2000's. It usually went on sale for about $17 a bottle.

Ten years ago, I would buy a couple of cases at Christmas time, and give each on of the minions a bottle asa Christmas bonus.

It boggles the mind at what has happened to Bourbon in the last few years. And Suntory (which owns Jim Beam Brands) announced a month ago there were inventing a billion dollars in the US to increase their capacity here. Stills, rickhouses, grain farms, etc.

Un-real.
    www.hero911.org

User Tag List