Page 76 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Bought this on a recommendation of a friend- good stuff.

Name:  IMAG1635_1_zpsnb6zqtkl.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  49.8 KB

Daily:

Special occasions:

I'm a simple man.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Witherspoon Whiskey is local to me and have several special release bourbons. This one is a sherry cask finish bourbon. Really smooth with a hint of sherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Tonight’s libation is Witherspoon’s special release Port Cask Finished Bourbon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    Tonight’s libation is Witherspoon’s special release Port Cask Finished Bourbon.

Any good? Or is the bottle empty because you poured it out?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Any good? Or is the bottle empty because you poured it out?
    [emoji23][emoji23]
    I didn’t catch that the bottle looked empty. It’s about 3/4 full if you look at the stat you can see the color difference.

Yeah, it’s pretty good. Had 3 oz tonight. I like the sherry cask finish better though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    [emoji23][emoji23]
    I didn’t catch that the bottle looked empty. It’s about 3/4 full if you look at the stat you can see the color difference.

Yeah, it’s pretty good. Had 3 oz tonight. I like the sherry cask finish better though.

Ahhh. I see it now. Will add it to the try list. I've seen it but thought it might be a house brand at total Wine...

Basil Hayden has a cask aged version that was really good... I think it was Sherry but don't recall exactly.

I'm enjoying a Zaya currently. Neat, but I chilled it in the wine fridge so it's cellar temp. Really good. I can't drink warm booze.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-14-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Witherspoon is distilled in Lewisville right of Main and Mills St. On Fridays they have events with food trucks on their patio. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make it yet.

https://www.witherspoondistillery.com/#home

I did a little shopping on Saturday. Four new bottles of unobtanium, and a pair of cans that finally cleared NFA jail.

Oh, and a pecan cake from Collin Street Bakery to bring to the weekly staff beating. Gotta keep the minions fed.

Name:  saturday shopping.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  65.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Went to the Heaven Hill tasting at TotalWine on Wednesday night. Bernie Lubbers is a charismatic spokesperson for HH. He entertained us with stories about the history of Bourbon and HH, and he picked some very good Bluegrass guitar as well.

Tasted 5 HH offerings, from their legal moonshine to Elijah Craig single barrel. The surprise of the night for me was the Evan Williams Bottled In Bond. I don't recall ever seeing it down there on a bottom shelf anywhere, but I quite enjoyed it. And at $20 for a handle, it's budget friendly as well.

If Bernie ever brings his "act" to your AO, definitely worth the tasting cost.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 11-09-2018 at 06:44 AM.

User Tag List