Page 59 of 241 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    I scored this for Father's day

Name:  IMAG1427R.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  40.6 KB

I was recently on a trip where the liquor was so good the Blantons sat unopened all week and was eventually given away.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Still having a tough time finding Blanton’s. The guy at Total Wine suggested Chestnut Farms and said it’s very similar. He was right. At $50 a bottle it’s an even better deal.
    My usual go-to is Hancock’s Reserve, also by Buffalo Trace, which my Total Wine people refer to as “Baby Blanton’s.” It’s just under $50 a bottle, and I really enjoy it.

I’m also on the lookout for Blanton’s, if anyone has any suggestions on where to search for a bottle in AZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I was recently on a trip where the liquor was so good the Blantons sat unopened all week and was eventually given away.
    That sounds like my kind of trip!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Still having a tough time finding Blanton’s. The guy at Total Wine suggested Chestnut Farms and said it’s very similar. He was right. At $50 a bottle it’s an even better deal.
    Thanks for the info -- worth giving a try. Still can't find Blanton's locally at all, except at my favorite BBQ place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    This is outside my understanding. Must have been really good whiskey.

I do not understand the appreciation some have for Blanton's...just doesn't hit my bourbon buttons properly not enough heft or finish to it, IMHO. I'd encourage any bourbon neophyte to skip the $50+ Blanton's in favor of $30ish Elijah Craig or Buffalo Trace.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I do not understand the appreciation some have for Blanton's...just doesn't hit my bourbon buttons properly not enough heft or finish to it, IMHO. I'd encourage any bourbon neophyte to skip the $50+ Blanton's in favor of $30ish Elijah Craig or Buffalo Trace.
    Why would you encourage a bourbon drinker to skip what he or she likes? Most folks who enjoy Blanton's know exactly what Buffalo Trace tastes like. It's one of my favorites in fact. It's all a matter of enjoying what you like. I think Blanton's is a notch above, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Why would you encourage a bourbon drinker to skip what he or she likes? Most folks who enjoy Blanton's know exactly what Buffalo Trace tastes like. It's one of my favorites in fact. It's all a matter of enjoying what you like. I think Blanton's is a notch above, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it.
    I personally don’t like Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare (same bill), but love Blanton’s. It’s an individual taste thing for sure.
    Last edited by LSP552; 06-20-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I do not understand the appreciation some have for Blanton's...
    The social media side of the gun world we're in can't seem to get enough of it. I wasn't a fan either, seemed rather uninteresting to me.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List