Page 5 of 242 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    My top two pics for a reasonably price bourbon whiskey would be:

Buffalo Trace
    Eagle Rare

Breckinridge Bourbon is priced a little bit higher but it is my first choice overall.
    I prefer scotch to bourbon, but I do enjoy both. While I wouldn't take away anything from Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare, which are both fantastic, when my sister and her husband recently went to Colorado to visit friends, I had her bring be back a whole case of the Breckenridge and I gave BOM a bottle the last time we saw each other.
    I've got a pretty decent liquor cabinet, and I've found myself reaching past other fine bottles such as Lagavulin 16 and Macallan 18 and grabbing the Breckenridge instead. It's not the end-all-be-all of bourbon, but I doubt I'll ever be without a bottle of it so long as I can find it for sale in a neighboring state.

For some bizarre reason, I've yet to see it in New Mexico liquor stores. I hope that changes soon.

I don't know how you guys do it. Someone gave me a bottle of Knob Creek and it's far harsher than my cheap, daily drinking tequila.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't know how you guys do it. Someone gave me a bottle of Knob Creek and it's far harsher than my cheap, daily drinking tequila.
    There are very few tequilas I'll drink straight. Most of them are as expensive as, if not more so than, good Scotch. And yet, I still prefer the taste of Scotch or bourbon.

But that's the beauty of America: to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    There are very few tequilas I'll drink straight. Most of them are as expensive as, if not more so than, good Scotch. And yet, I still prefer the taste of Scotch or bourbon.

But that's the beauty of America: to each their own.
    Agreed, just surprised at how harsh a good bourbon is compared to average tequila.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Agreed, just surprised at how harsh a good bourbon is compared to average tequila.
    Try a different Bourbon. Knob Creek aint for everyone. Try Buffalo trace... Much less oaky..

If we separate "flavor" and "bite", Knob Creek has a great flavor, but a slightly harsh bite, IMO.
    Compared to tequila (generally) which has less of a bite but a flavor that I find ... well.... really, really yucky.
    Cazadores on ice with a squeeze of lime is about as close as I can get to sipping tequila. Maybe Don Julio Anejo with Sangrita.

Just thinking about drinking tequila gives my spine a shiver.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I look forward to the “bite” of bourbon. After indulging with a little too much tequila some years ago I can’t even stand the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I look forward to the “bite” of bourbon. After indulging with a little too much tequila some years ago I can’t even stand the smell.
    This. 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even go near Tequila, we haven't been friends for nearly 20 years.
    Willett Family Reserve bourbon with one large ice cube is my go to.

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    I can't even go near Tequila, we haven't been friends for nearly 20 years.
    Willett Family Reserve bourbon with one large ice cube is my go to.

I had a bad experience with tequila many years ago, hadn't had any in ages. I got a small bottle and tried it. The second night I had some before bed, I had the closest thing to nightmares I've had in ages. Weird.

Tried Buffalo Trace, didn't find it as mellow as Bulleit.

I am enjoying Four Roses single barrel at the moment

User Tag List